Where do I start? I eat when I'm happy,

iVillage Member
Where do I start? I eat when I'm happy,
Sun, 10-04-2009 - 2:02pm

sad, to celebrate and when I'm mad! It's that awful cycle. I have ZERO support, well my hubby will support me by taking "fat" foods right out of my hands, my obese MIL will tell me what a good job I'm doing as she downs 4 donuts and my children say "just don't eat fat foods and you'll lose wight". That's my support, is that support? I want to get the lap-band but I have to lose weight first, like 20 pounds. The problems are:

(1) I have 8 kids, so food is always in my life.
(2)I have Fibro, arthritis and back problems that make it very painful to do your everyday exercises. Just watching Biggest Loser makes me hurt. OUCHY
(3)I'm scared to death of the excess skin hanging from my body.
(4)I do great for days then I lose my willpower.

HELP!!!! I have gained 110 pounds in 14 years, well probably in 9 but it's been 14 years now. I don't like myself on the outside which effects the inside. I wish I could hold my head up high like the ladies on More to Love, they are so beautiful.

I'm sorry having one of those days. Hope to talk to you soon. I do have to say it has been 3 days and no sweets or soda!!!

We are imperfectly perfect family!!

Mom of children with disabilities: BiPolar, Autism, PTSD, ADHD, learning, PICA, Sensory Integration, grandiosity and strong willed child.

~~~~~~~~Childrens ages: 21, 21, 15, 13, 10, 7, 5 & 20m. Plus Grandma to 10 months old.~~~~~~~~

We are a imperfectly perfect family, and that's fine with us!! Mom of children with disabilities: BiPolar, Autism, PTSD, ADHD, learning, PICA, Sensory Integration, grandiosity and st
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-04-2009 - 9:08pm

Welcome to the board! Although it is great to have a support system, each of us must ultimately choose what matters to us and whether or not we are willing to make the effort to change.

In my opinion, to succeed on this journey you ave to believe that you are the most important person in your world, and that you are worth taking care of.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-05-2009 - 2:02pm

Hello there and welcome! :o)

I agree with SJ.

WORKING ON GOAL # 2

JOGGING MY WAY TO 175 BY
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-06-2009 - 2:44pm

Welcome! just reading your story- wow!!what a busy life- 8 kids- i can not imagine. I have one 7 yr old and he's sometimes more than i can handle. Do you have any friends(besides us) who might be wanting a diet buddy? Is a group like weight watchers or TOPS close ebough to you to be a possible support group? Maybe one of the older kids is a supportive personality? At least you have no saboteur in your midst sounds like- not helpful maybe- but not hurtful either it seems. The first time I lost a substantial amount of weight- 9 yrs ago now- when I had been dieting a month my husband finally took me seriously and became supportive. Because of so many false starts he took awhile to convince that I was serious- and this time will be the same for me. It'll be about a month of dieting before he gets behind it with me. Oh well--I do understand him.
Good luck, you are worth it!!!!!! Post often okay?

lissa

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-11-2009 - 5:52pm

Hi and welcome to our board!