3rd day carb free-I think I'm dieting!!!

iVillage Member
3rd day carb free-I think I'm dieting!!!
Wed, 10-07-2009 - 5:56pm

I have been planning to start, but keep messing up, but this is my third day of low cal carb free eating so maybe, just maybe I'm doing it. YeHaw!!
If you remember me, I'm the one- or one of the ones- who prefers a low calorie, carb free diet. It is extreme but has worked for me in the past. But what I have found is that unless I have a tangible goal (ie-when I lost a heap of weight to get pregnant) I have a hard time sticking to such a restrictive program. I was posting last fall while doing this diet, and gave up steam after 3 months, but did lose about 40lbs in that time. But then came Christmas and I put back on 10 of that..then came spring and had some marital issues which made me eat like nuts and put it all on plus 10- sigh. Well, it's fall again, and my marital issues seem well in hand, and I'm ready and needing to try again. I am trying a another twist on my plan. Maybe it won't work, and maybe it will, but it feels more practical to me then going full tilt and tripping and falling on my face and needing to start it all over. So..my idea..is to be low cal, no carb and exercise for 2 months at a stint, then take 1 to 2 months on maintenance, and then do it again, 2 on, 2 off, for about a year. It will be very drawn out, but I don't mind, at this point in life, if it takes a year or a year and a half- so what? As long as that scale is heading down.
So that's my plan- I hope it works, I will try to keep you all informed :)

lissa
270 (again)/270/160-170 eventually

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-11-2009 - 6:05pm

Lissa,

I know what you mean.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-12-2009 - 6:46pm

You keep plateauing lower? That is so great! I totally know what you mean about those carbs- I loooooove carbs. The only thing I may love more is dairy- cheese, milk, yogurt- yum! But I can't eat those either on my plan. But DH made me a little discouraged this week. He said that he doesn't think a 2 on 2 off plan would work. Hrmm. But I know I can't do more than 3 months at a go on this plan. So now I'm toying with a 3 month commitment, then 2 off and maybe try another 3. His reasoning was that he believes that it takes 3 weeks for my body to react- well, I never really took note other that after about 3 months I can lose about 40 lbs. Oh well- the way I feel today is that I will try to stay on this diet at least 2 months, see if I can do 3, and then have another go at it when I can- hopefully sooner than a year later, as long as my life doesn't go to poop like it did at the end of losing 40 lbs last year. What a year! Glad that's over.

lissa
270/268/160

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-13-2009 - 9:57am

Make that a week!! Wow- I might just stick to this one for a while (I hope) Just thought I'd pop in and update. So I'm hoping this week I might be enjoying a byproduct of low card dieting- lessened hunger pangs- and maybe just maybe- the loss of a couple pounds?

lissa

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-13-2009 - 10:29am
See!

WORKING ON GOAL # 2

JOGGING MY WAY TO 175 BY
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-13-2009 - 11:50pm

Hi Lissa,

I'm glad the no-low carb diet is working out for you.