Why am i so addicted to sugar?

iVillage Member
Why am i so addicted to sugar?
Thu, 10-29-2009 - 1:43am

Ever since the birth of my son (2 years ago) i have been addicted to sugar and sugary snacks.

I've never had this issue before. My diet used to be CLEAN...and i used to have energy for workouts.

After my son was born, my energy took a dump...i don't have the same energy to workout....and want to eat sweets/snack foods...

i can't go to a doctor (no health insurance since we are self employed) every thing medical is out of pocket....we do have a small medical fund, but that's reserved for the baby.

i'm also afraid to go to the doctor...cuz if they do find something it'll exclude me for any form of insurance in the future...if i get to have some

any supplements, or advice you can give me is appreciated :)

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-29-2009 - 8:53am
Hi eden_gal, I hope someone here can answer your question. I did want to reply that I have the same issues with "lack of energy" and I've found that on the days I'm really lacking energy are the days I do crave sweets..well, foods in general, but chocolate, mainly. I had one of those days yesterday. I'll be interested to see what kind of advice you get here. Good luck to you! Elizabeth

Administrator
Thu, 10-29-2009 - 11:44am
Oh boy can I relate. The older I get-the more sugar I seem to need. I absolutely love candy and I finally realized all my teeth were going to fall out and my body turn into jelly if I didn't do something. I struggle and struggle but I've managed to replace many of my sweets with fruits (apples, freshly cut oranges and grapes)and chilled water with some flavorings. I recently shared this with another member who has the same problem so perhaps it might help you too: How To Conquer Your Sweet Tooth

shredded.gif I'm Shredded-Are you? picture by HealthAccount

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-29-2009 - 9:49pm

We are not medical experts - but I would be very concerned that you might have diabetes - I know doctor's appointments are expensive but not dealing with something serious until it gets really serious is more expensive.