CG, Lissa, Sabrina, Abigail...

iVillage Member
CG, Lissa, Sabrina, Abigail...
Sun, 11-08-2009 - 12:18pm

Where are you ladies??

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-08-2009 - 8:03pm

Hey Liz!

Sorry I've been out of the loop. I've missed y'all, really!

I started getting sick the Friday before Halloween, so sick I went to Urgent Care on Saturday... I've barely been making it through work and coming home and going to bed. And this weekend I had a course I enrolled in to learn how to invest, yesterday and today 8:30-5:00. So, not much in the way of recouping this weekend either. Still hanging onto a NASTY cough and some sinus pressure. I have my annual physical Wednesday, so if I'm not feeling better by then, we'll see what the doctor recommends.

First the fall, just started back to exercising and then this. I know I'm going to have to start from scratch to build up my strength and endurance again. The good news, Friday my scale was back to 75 pounds off again. It's a lot harder when you don't exercise.

More good news... I went on a job interview Monday. They requested I take 2 personality tests on Tuesday. Wednesday they requested my salary requirements. Friday they called and told me the president of the company wanted to meet me, and he made me an offer, almost $200 more a month than I make now and less responsibility! It's a different industry which is good, because my industry is limited for this world (health insurance - don't boo me).

So, I need to verify if the medical plan they told me about is a group plan or just an allotment towards an individual policy, and I will probably give my notice tomorrow. Quite exciting since I have been unhappy and making the best of a bad situation since I took this job 3 years ago.

Thanks for checking on me, I did pop on last night for about 10 minutes, but I'm on a wireless broadband and kept getting kicked off and frustrated so I gave up!

Maybe this week I can try to get back to some kind of disciplined schedule and back to the board.

Blessings,
Cg

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-08-2009 - 10:18pm

Wow!

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-09-2009 - 10:12am
Hi CG, Congratulations on your new job and best of luck with it. Hope you're feeling better soon.

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-11-2009 - 10:23pm

CONGRATULATIONS on the new job hope things are all you hope for.

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-14-2009 - 11:53am

Sherrie, it's good to see YOU out here too!

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-16-2009 - 6:50am

Hi Liz et all!

I've only been checking in about once a month now. In addition to not working on my health/wellness goals (pretty much nonexistent right now), I'm doing a really poor job at everything in every area of my life -- so no surprises there! I am glad to see that many people here are doing pretty well though!

Additionally, my 12yr old DS has seemingly been ill again and I can only do so much. I work because it pays the insurance and that's about all I can make myself plow through. I just wish I knew for certain whether there's something really wrong with him or if he's just becoming a teenaged brat who sleeps all the time. - His doctor did order an echocardiogram and said it may be his meds, an underlying heart condition that never came up before, or some damage resulting from being septic 2 yrs ago, or it may be something else entirely causing all his symptoms! Too much ground to cover for me! I hate not knowing!

-L.

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-16-2009 - 10:16pm

Hey Lissa,

Thanks for checking in with us and letting us know how you're doing.

I hope everything is ok with your son.

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-17-2009 - 9:49pm

Hey Lissa,

Having no children, I can't imagine what it is like dealing with a teenager, and/or a child with an illness. Just hang in there and the old saying "one day at a time" is what gets me through life when I'm thrown curve balls.

I'll be thinking of you and I'll say a prayer for you and your son both. Keep us posted.

Cg