New here and need help

iVillage Member
New here and need help
Sat, 11-21-2009 - 6:26am

Hello all.

New here. Almost here out of desperation. I got on the scales today and realized I have gone from losing 70 to losing 50. I have gained back 20 pounds! I am frazzled and feeling lost. I don't know what I need, but I am here. Maybe just people that are in the same boat struggling like I am. I am divorced and work full time and back in school, so busy isn't even the word for it. Just here for friendships and advice/suggestions, ideas and a place to vent when obviously I am turning to food for my comfort. I know this is right before Thanksgiving week, but I don't want to gain one more single pound! Hope I don't sound too crazy. Just need this to work for me. Want my user name to reflect how I feel and right now it doesn't.

Blessings,

Laura

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-21-2009 - 10:30am

Hi Laura,

I'm not sure I'll have what you're looking for, in terms of motivation, because I have struggled with the same thing. All I can say is that I keep on struggling and wrestling and getting back up. I've been keeping a journal (on paper, not on here.) I don't write in the journal daily, somtimes I do, sometimes it's only once/2 wks. But I go up, and I go down. But, since the month of May, I have lost 20 lbs. Now, in reality, I've lost way more than just 20 lbs, since I put on a few and then take them off again. But, now I can say that I've gone from 227, my all-time high, to 207.8 lbs.

I guess we all have to remind ourselves on a daily basis, that we are worth the extra-effort. I know for me, I can be lazy. I am a SAHM, and I take care of my kids and their constant demands. But, when it's time to prepare my lunch, for example, I just want it to be fast, easy & tasty. Well, I deserve better than that. I deserve to eat what's right. I deserve to take the time to weigh & measure my food. And yes, it does take longer. And when my kids interrupt me, with one of their non-urgent demands, I am learning to say "No. You will have to wait. I haven't eaten yet. Mummy will get that for you when I am done." And you know what? I am learning that the world doesn't fall apart if I make them wait! LOL!

I don't know if this has helped. But, I am sure every person on this board can relate to exactly what you're feeling right now. We've all been there. I guess at times like these it's better to see the cup as half-full rather than half-empty. You are still down 50 pounds!!! That is incredible! Think about how you felt when you were at your highest weight. You don't want those extra 50 back on. Go easy on yourself. Yes, you had a backslide. But who is perfect? Not one person on earth. So, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get back on the horse. You know how to do it, you've done it before. You are worth it!

Hugs,
Tracie

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-22-2009 - 2:48pm

Hi Laura, and welcome to our board.

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-22-2009 - 4:14pm
Hi Everyone!

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-22-2009 - 10:51pm

Laura,

Welcome to the board!

I am glad you have joined us, and I think you are struggling with what many many of us struggle with.

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-23-2009 - 6:36pm

Hi Laura!

I can appreciate where you are, although I'm not in desparation mode myself (at this moment!).