A horribly awkward moment...

iVillage Member
A horribly awkward moment...
Sat, 11-28-2009 - 9:48pm

I don't post here often, but I do lurk. I posted this at my normal board (The Debt Support Group), but decided to post it here as well and thought you guys may have some suggestions on how to get over this phobia!

Today it finally happened. The thing I've been dreading for years! I was at a birthday party and I saw an old (really good) friend from highschool that I haven't seen in at least 3 years, probably more like 5. Why has this been my dread for years? Well because I've gained 80 pounds since highschool and about 60 pounds since the last time she saw me. (insert me crying here...waaaaahhaaaaa)

So I was pretty excited to see her because I've been thinking about her lately, but she keeps on glancing at my stomach. I think that she was wondering if I was pregnant or not. NOPE...not pregnant! It was just awful. I found her on facebook and I just don't know what to say. I mean, I've had years of stress and I eat when I'm stressed and I also just got diagnosed with this thyroid condition which we all know doesn't help any. I'm just so frustrated with the whole thing! Who wants to constantly be worried that you're going to run into some old acquaintance and they are going to wonder why in the heck you blew up? Basically, today sucked!

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-29-2009 - 10:02am
Been there done that and it is awkward.

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-06-2009 - 10:19am

Oh, how we can probably all relate to that!

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-08-2009 - 8:01pm

Unfortunately, I know how you feel...

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-13-2009 - 4:40pm

CG -

You are SO right.