Hello all I am frustrated to death.

Administrator
Fri, 12-18-2009 - 11:23am

Hi there! It

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-22-2009 - 2:43pm

Hi There - It sounds like you are really having a rough time right now and with the holidays just days a way it must be even more difficult. People who are hardworking and get laid off just can't get a break while people who have been on the system for years live off of food stamps, etc... know how to work the system and get all the benefits. That is messed up. For example, I am on disability and have been for about 5 years now. I am not proud of this and am doing everything in my power to get back to work, but it looks like I'm stuck on it now for life. I paid into the system while I worked so I don't feel too bad about taking it. But, I cannot get food stamps, public housing or medicaid because I make too much with my disability check, It is extremely frustrating!!! I do get help from the government through Medicare with my prescriptions, but I still have to pay 85% while most people who receive this help have to pay $2.00 for generics and $5.00 for brands. For example, one of my medications that I pay for which is a brand is $130.00 per month and I am on 8 different medications. Thank God a lot of my meds are generics (probably about 50/50).

All I can say is hang in there. The media keeps reporting that the recession is going away slowly, but surely. I have a tendency to not trust what the media reports or what the president says about the recession. I think that it is really bad out there for people right now and they just don't know the extent of it. My other advice would be to pray about your circumstances. It can never hurt things and you never know what God can do.

Take a deep breath and know that it may not seem like it right now, but your future is bright. It may take some hardwork, etc...but, you will get there. You'll figure things out with your finances it may just take a little time. Anyway, I hope you have a nice holiday anyway.

Take Care,

Jena

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-22-2009 - 10:25pm

Thanks,

I have decided to take the two classes per quarter.

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-26-2009 - 9:22pm
i donot
iVillage Member
Sat, 12-26-2009 - 9:32pm
i also forgot you can go to your libary or ask for help at school but