last two weigh ins

iVillage Member
last two weigh ins
Tue, 12-22-2009 - 2:25am
I didn't lose anything week before last, but last week I was down 3.6lbs. I have been battling bronchitis for almost 4 weeks now. I am not sure if that had anything to do with the lack of weight loss or not. I was not and am not able to do any cardio right now because it throws me into a coughing fit. I have been doing great with my carbs but I think my problem lies in my not getting enough calories. I started counting and was only getting 800 to 1000 a day. This was totally not on purpose, I am just not ever hungry any more. I have started eating on schedule and not when I am hungry and recording both carbs and calories, and I am doing much better. I guess we will see what this weigh shows.
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-22-2009 - 2:56pm

Hi There - I just wanted to give you some helpful hints about the broncitis. I have chronic broncitis and so far have had it 5 months just in the past year. Just thought these things would help -

1. Never drink cold water with ice or anything. Always drink lukewarm water. I know it isn't great, but drink a lot of it so you never get dehydrated.

2. Do not lie down flat on your back to sleep. Sleep in a reclyiner if you have to or sleep in your bed with a couple of pillows behind your neck/head.

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-22-2009 - 3:32pm
Jena--Thanks so much for the tips. It has been horrendous. I have learned my lesson on the excercising. I was taking cough medecine with codeine and it helped a little so I could sleep. The cold air here in Alaska just makes it so much worse. Thanks again.