New here.

iVillage Member
New here.
Sun, 01-03-2010 - 2:40pm

Wow...where to start. I probably never would have dreamed of actually posting on a message board seeking out 100 pounds too lose. How Reality set in for me would be that fact that I as well as thousands of other people in our screwed up economic crisis ended up unemployed. I lost my job in October, with little to no hope of finding anything in Michigan any time soon. Now i've always had weight that I needed to lose so i cant contribute it just to that, but sitting at home a good portion of the day and being an "emotional eater" its not good for the waistline to say the least.

I cant say I really ever remember being under 180, and between being unemployed and the holidays that has added another 20 pounds to my waist line. It is just absolutely amzing how easy it is to put on weight but when it comes to getting it off it is much more of a chore.

I've yo-yo dieting for as long as i can remember and never really got anywhere...basically with it being the common you can keep it up for about a month and then you crash and burn.

I've more or less realized this has to be more of a lifestyle change for me then just another "diet" otherwise i will never be able to keep it up. another thing i've realised is i cant just say I want to lose 100 lbs, for me i guess you could say I have to use more of a goal system working in small amounts to get to my big goal. Otherwise i find I just get frustrated.

The other day i got onto one of those sites that tells you your ideal weight I was absolutely shocked at the fact that it told me I should be weighing in at 107 pounds...which to me just seems insane. I guess you could say that is what brings me here today, as I have recieved my own little wake up call.

the hardest things for me on a diet is cutting out the sweets and soda and more or less comming up with a schedule to allow for more smaller meals in a day. i have to get myself into the habit of at least eating 3 meals a day.

I would love to hear what is working for other people right now as I for sure could use some motivation.

iVillage Member
In reply to: spazzle
Sun, 01-03-2010 - 4:16pm

Happy New Year and welcome to our board!

Know that you're joining a very caring group of ladies who daily struggle with the same things you do.

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-03-2010 - 8:06pm

Welcome to the board!

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-03-2010 - 8:18pm
I just started on the board too, although my struggle with losing weight is nothing new.