Having a bad day!

iVillage Member
Having a bad day!
Fri, 01-08-2010 - 1:08pm

HI Everyone! Hope ya'll are doing well. I am having a bad eating day. It started yesterday when my Dad and I ate at McDonald's. As you know I haven't had fast food in a couple of weeks now. I used to eat fast food about every other day. Well, eating at McDonald's yesterday kind of triggered the binge eating in me. I haven't been doing that great since.

How do I get back on track? I feel like there is no hope for me to get my eating back

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-08-2010 - 3:58pm

Hi Jena,

First of all, I'd like to give you a BIG HUG! What has helped me, is to sit down with pen and paper and start writing. Remind yourself that even though you ate and ate and ate (as we've all done on this board - otherwise we wouldn't be here!), the food you consumed does not dictate what you will weigh a month from now... It's the food YOU WILL EAT that will decide that.

Forgive yourself! No negative self-talk allowed. You are a good person. You are a worthy person. You are beautiful. You are smart. You are worth taking care of! Tell yourself EVERY GOOD THING you can think of.

Another strategy is to come on here and type type type and type! You can't eat if you're typing! Or go for a walk. ANYTHING! Just do something that won't allow you to eat.

Also, really soul-search WHY you ate. I know, I know... me too! I'd like to answer that with "I ate because it tastes good." But, lets face it. Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels! So, what's bugging you? I know it's a hard question to ask. But really ask it. It's important. You are important. Journal your emotions. Journal.

Big hugs going out to you! We've all been there... You can do this! Just pick yourself up and dust yourself off.

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-08-2010 - 8:30pm

Just let it go....drink lots of water...increase your movement today and for the next few days- dance, walk, just walk around your house (but not the kitchen).

The secret to this journey is not being perfect all the time, every day - it's being on plan @ 80% of the time.

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-08-2010 - 11:05pm
I know the crash and burn feeling.
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-08-2010 - 11:36pm

Step one is admitting you have a problem and like many of the rest of us the diet goes out the window when MCDONALDS is involved.

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-10-2010 - 10:52am

Jenna,

You've gotten lots of great responses and they've all said pretty much everything I would say.

I think there is such a thing as being addicted to certain foods.