happy..ish

iVillage Member
happy..ish
Tue, 01-12-2010 - 7:30pm

I'm working on my workouts each day. Somedays I am so FRUSTRATED because it hurts so much, but I try to persist. I use a Wii for stepaerobics, and I am generally irritable about it because it just points out the jerky, uncoordinated movements that are my trademark since my car accident, year of incapacitation, and total hip replacement operation.

I was so proud last night of doing 16 uninterrupted minutes on the gazelle because the longest I had managed before that was 5, and then it hurt so badly I almost vomited. I think it's getting easier, but still sore.

In other news, I've only surpassed 2000 cals once this week, and I've done really well decreasing my carbs. I hate baby steps, but I'm glad to be making them.

iVillage Member
In reply to: g1nger_k
Tue, 01-12-2010 - 9:02pm

That's great that you're working out but please make sure you don't over-do it and reinjure yourself!

Ah yes, carbs!

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-12-2010 - 9:16pm

I think I did okay tonight- I wrapped my turkey burgers in lettuce leaves instead of buns, and I resisted the tater tots in the freezer and made a pretty salad instead.

We only have regular ranch dressing here in the house right now, so I ate it with salsa instead and it was so much more satisfying! Sort of a meatless taco salad with carrots, onions, peppers. I love spicy food, and that "bite" from the hot salsa really satisfied me for a while!

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-12-2010 - 9:53pm

Baby steps forward are better than any kind of steps backwards!

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-12-2010 - 11:13pm
Great way to find a satisfying and healthy alternative!
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-13-2010 - 7:37am

You are an inspiration. Here I am making excuses and downright not exercising (except for walking my dog) and you are really giving it your all.

Today, I too will use the Wii for an actual workout. Maybe even start the 6 week challenge on Active.

~*~TLM~*~
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-13-2010 - 9:58pm
Thank you- I don't think of myself as an inspiration, but I DO take into consideration that my kids see what I do...they see if I give up or take the easy way out and that has to make an impression. I want to live the best I can so they feel they should, too!