echoing rlb- 10 lbs down since the 1st!

iVillage Member
echoing rlb- 10 lbs down since the 1st!
Mon, 01-18-2010 - 2:01pm

I am thrilled! I checked out several books on insulin resistance and instead of reading them and saying oh, poor me, how will I ever manage...I actually did what it said this time!

I have significantly cut my carbs (getting better carbs instead of the empty ones), and with the healthier choices I'm finding I'm full 200-300 calories below my target! I love the days when I spend the whole day feeling full because I've been drinking water and eating celery or carrots when I would normally have grabbed a bag of chips...and eaten the whole bag. (shame) I think it also helps that I have been taking my medication daily instead of allowing depression or financial excuses to keep me from bothering with it.

Then there's the exercise- I began doing just light stuff on the WiiFit because my artificial hip is only 4 months post-op and I couldn't walk for a year. Then I started adding the gazelle. Now (thanks to someone's tip on here :-) ) I am doing 30 minutes step aerobics on the WiiFit, 20-30 mins on the gazelle, and 30 minutes with the weight bench. Now I've added daily circuit training with the Biggest Loser Wii game, too. Today is the first "measurement" day, and I'm a little nervous. My husband helps me take my measurements and I cry over it because I hate that he sees every single crease or fold. (eww- tmi- I know).

On Jan 1 I weighed 288.5 lbs. I set myself a goal of 2.5 lbs per week, or 10 lbs a month average (I know it will be higher in the first months, and eventually wane, but I hope to increase my workouts, too). This morning I weighed 278.0! Time to get a shower and head to work, and I'll be on cloud nine all day! (at least til I get home tonight and we do measurements...lol)

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-18-2010 - 5:08pm
Great job!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-18-2010 - 5:52pm
GREAT JOB LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-19-2010 - 8:41am

Way to go!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-24-2010 - 12:09pm

Great job Ginger!

Yes - the empty carbs have very significant impact on blood sugar and weight.