Hungry Hungry Hungry

iVillage Member
Hungry Hungry Hungry
Sun, 01-24-2010 - 1:47pm

You know that furry little guy from the Weight Watcher's commercial?

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-24-2010 - 2:50pm
I've had a couple of really hungry days too.
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-24-2010 - 7:47pm

Hi Liz,

Well, when I get like this, I take out my food log and give it a good look. I notice I usually have let one thing go - My vegetables. Yes, they really do help me stay full. So, what I'd suggest to you is bring 1 or 2 single serving V8 drinks to work as well as some cut up veggies for those in between meal snacks, in addition to your other snacks. I find when I eat more veg, I lose more weight, and I feel less hungry while I'm losing.

Good luck! Hope this helps.

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-03-2010 - 2:13pm

Something that I have found helpful is to take digestive enzymes when I eat. You can find various resources for them. I started this after reading an article saying that people who gain weight easily have been found to lack appropriate digestive enzymes. When I take them I don't feel so hungry.

I hear you on the miserable level of hunger. At times I feels so hungry it is almost like pain.

For me I am much more hungry if I do not eat a certain type of breakfast. I need eggs, or some other form of lowfat protein to keep from getting too hungry later in the day. Certain vegetables help too, like carrots or red pepper. I also keep low fat mozzarella sticks around if I am too hungry.

If I had eaten what you ate for breakfast I would be very hungry too. It is good nutrition but not enough protein for me.

Hope that is of some help.

Administrator
Tue, 02-16-2010 - 9:05am

Hi Liz, I actually see your question about being hungry all the time quite often so I decided to ask our health, diet and wellness expert, Dr. Madelyn Fernstrom, and this is the advice she has for you: http://messageboards.ivillage.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=iv-fbmadelyn&msg=164.2&x=y

Hope this helps!

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com