Doctor recommended.....

iVillage Member
Doctor recommended.....
Sun, 02-21-2010 - 3:36pm
Ok wanted to grab attention so here goes.I recently went to doc for non weight related issues but brought up the subject while I was there anyway.We talked about the new weight loss meds coming on the market and ones that have been used for a long time.I asked about the all the "supposed weight loss drugs" advertised on tv and specifically alli.(I also posted a few months about alli).He regularly perscribes alli's full strength counter part Oralistat.Has had patients lose lots of weight on this med but its expensive and most insurance will not cover weight loss drugs.So I purchased alli at the store and have been taking it for a week.Instead of the 2 lbs I would have expected to lose through just my healthy eating diet I have lost 4.Apparently alli works by blocking some fat from your diet.(I am been eating reduced fat and calorie).I have not experienced the negative side effects some people say they have but I have not eaten anything super high in fat.Im hoping this continues to work and will let others know if it does.Im not a walking endorsement for weight loss drugs I swear but every yr I vow to lose 20 lbs but instead gain 15.Now Im ballooning at 230.Ill do whatever I must to lose this weight.Wish me luck and Ill do the same for you ladies.
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-21-2010 - 10:06pm

Good luck, Jessy.