3 weeks on my program...results:

iVillage Member
3 weeks on my program...results:
Wed, 02-24-2010 - 9:35am

Well, it's been 3 weeks since I started this 'Get Healthy' program and each Wednesday I take pictures and measurements. So far I have lost a total of 9 pounds (11 pounds if you count from my heaviest weight) and a total of 8 1/2 inches. I measure my neck, chest, waist, hips, right thigh, left thigh, right arm, left arm so that's where all my lost inches came from. My stubborn belly fat has been hanging around for a LONG TIME. It took 3 weeks of diligence to finally see a difference. I lost 1 inch this week! This still leaves me with a 47 inch waist but I am determined to see this to the end and I know that it won't be easy. It's definitely a life-changing endeavor.

Here's my plan:

I follow (not perfectly) the Eat to Live plan by Dr. Fuhrman. It's a plan for health and not necessarily for weight loss, but that is just a natural side effect of eating so healthy. This plan is basically low-fat and vegan, but I still eat a little bit of meat and I tend to have 1 normal meal during the day just because it's what I have to cook for my family. This is what I typically eat:

Breakfast:
A smoothie I make with spinach, blueberries, a banana, flax seeds and soymilk. Very good and a fantastic way to eat a ton of spinach!

Lunch:
a big salad with a few nuts and beans sprinkled on top
Sometimes I also eat a soup with beans

Dinner:
A small portion of whatever my family is eating and then I make my salad extra large or eat a larger portion of the cooked vegetable.

I eat fruits throughout the day because I have a bad sweet tooth and you can have nuts, but no more than a handful (in their shell) each day.

I do not have soda or any fruit juices.

I've also been exercising as much as I can. Some weeks that's only 3 days, but other weeks I can get to the gym 6 days. I walk/jog on the treadmill for 15 minutes and I can now run for 2 minutes at a time before I have to stop. Then I go on the elliptical machine for 15 minutes. Sometimes I use the weight lifting equipment as well, but if I don't, I always try to get in 10 'girl' push-ups and some stretching.

I can tell you one thing: It is so exciting to actually see a change in myself. I have tried doing this so many times and each time I have failed. The longest I've ever gone on a program is 2 weeks and that was over a year ago. The fact that I've made it into my 4th week is really an achievement for me. I'm very excited and I'm seeing that it's not that much of a struggle to accomplish this. Not when I feel so healthy and so great and I'm seeing my body slim down. My husband pays more attention to me, I feel better about myself. I don't want to stop this time. I want to see this to the end!

ReallyRosieAaronPhotobucketSmileyJacob

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-24-2010 - 12:57pm
Great job on your results!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-27-2010 - 1:25pm

Good for you! Your program sounds great....keep it up!!

fran_green_fairy.gif picture by gramof2

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-28-2010 - 8:41pm
You're doing great!
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-02-2010 - 10:46pm

Great for you!