New to the board and to working out

iVillage Member
New to the board and to working out
Thu, 04-08-2010 - 3:41pm

I was active in HS and into college. You'd never think that Marching band would keep the weight off, but as soon as that ended I got fat. Now it's later in life (I'm 32 and I want to be healthier and we are also

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-08-2010 - 3:49pm
Hi and welcome to the board.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-08-2010 - 5:58pm

Welcome to the board. I am new here also just started today! Im 31 and my DH and I are in this together. I am doing any specific diet just trying to get in extra steps and activity and watching portion sizes. I am now pop (soda) free for 7 days and counting!

Good Luck

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w2GfIAe/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w2GfIAe/weight.png">>

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-08-2010 - 9:13pm

Jenny

Welcome to the board.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-09-2010 - 4:01am
Thanks for the welcome, I might try the food journaling section, Or I might do it on my blog just to see how it helps. Everyone always says the biggest loser makes it look easy...but to me it looks hard. People get toted off to a fat farm, take a dramatic crop in calories and then work our hard from sun up to sun down. Nothing about that seems easy to me. LOL. I don't go to the gym, I just workout at home with DVDs and my Wii Fit. Even the thought of going to a gym makes me uncomfortable (why are they always Sh*tty to fat people at the gym, when they all think we should lose weight? lol) so I am probably NEVER going to go to one.
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-09-2010 - 8:52pm

Jenny,

I am sorry if you had a negative experience at the gym. I belong to a wonderful gym, with people of a lot of different ages, shapes and sizes.

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-17-2010 - 8:20pm

Hi Jenny (and the others who are new) - and welcome.

I'm so sorry I haven't been around much lately, but glad to see that some of our 'regulars' have stepped up.

This group of ladies is very supportive and no matter whether you are doing a specific eating plan or just trying to be smarter about what you eat, you will get tons of support, ideas, and cheering on from this group.

Welcome aboard!

Liz