FRUSTRATED!!!

iVillage Member
FRUSTRATED!!!
Mon, 04-26-2010 - 11:16pm
I have been working out regularly after years of being sedentary. Some weeks I do better than others but I typically go 3-5 times a week and have gone from walking at a fast pace for my level from 1 mile to 2 miles. However I have only lost a couple of lbs. My eating has improved somewhat but definately not enough. I still enjoy fast food and junk food but I have cut back 30% I'd say. So I'm wondering why in the past two months of regular exercise and a slight improvement in eating I've only lost maybe 5 lbs in the last two months. Please help.

iVillage Member
In reply to: kcchichi
Sun, 05-02-2010 - 3:22pm

Remember also that when you're exercising, you are not just burning fat and calories, but also building muscle, and muscle weighs more that fat.

iVillage Member
In reply to: kcchichi
Tue, 04-27-2010 - 11:15am

Hello I am only 3 weeks in to belonging to this board but I would like to offer my 2 cents :). Perhaps if you haven't already you should start journaling your food right down to a stick of gum or an extra bit of salad. Make sure you are getting your water also. During the first 2 weeks of my healthy eating and exercise journey I journaled my food and lost 6.8 pounds total in that time. The third week I was lazy and didn't do it and even thou I was walking a mile a day and swore I was on plan I only lost .5 (half a pound) I also didn't get as much water in as I should of.

Good Luck :)