Not Sure Which Path To Take

iVillage Member
Not Sure Which Path To Take
Wed, 04-28-2010 - 11:22pm
As I stated in an earlier post my problem with losing weight isn't exercising. I walk about 1.5-2.0 miles briskly and at a good pace 3-5 days a week. My problem is diet. I can't find the right one for me and it seems I flip back to just doing fast food :(. One day I try the super healthy organic raw food diet, then I find that hard to stick to so I try the lean cuisine plan which is much easier to stick to but then I think how high in salt they are and not that healthy. Then I think I will try the South Beach or The Zone but I cannot cook to save my life and I need quick grab and go meals that I can take to work and reheat. I know I am insulin resistant and that makes it harder to lose weight and which is why I really need to be on a South/Zone type diet, but it's so time consuming and I work and hit the gym and get home with only a few hours till bed and I definitley don't have time to cook breakfast in the a.m. Please help me :(

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-29-2010 - 5:51pm

Hello. I am currently not following any specific "diet". What I am doing is making sure I get in plenty of water (atleast) 8 glasses a day althou I often go over that amount. I also am making a lifestyle change since I figure what I do and learn to do will help me out now but once I have reached a healthier me and am able to maintain. I look at a diet as getting to a certain weight and then quitting but if I did that and quit everything else I'd ballon up to what I was. Anyway I also make healthy quick choices for the mornings like I really like yoplait light yogurt and a small piece of fruit for breakfast. If I snack before lunch which I dont always do its a few almonds or a piece of string cheese and some veggies.

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-02-2010 - 3:58pm

I agree with a lot of what jada said.

If you FIND a diet plan that works for you, that you can stick with, that isn't too much weighing and measuring and figuring out points and what foods you need to eat in combination with other foods, etc. that's great.