Week 5 weigh in

iVillage Member
Week 5 weigh in
Thu, 05-06-2010 - 6:02pm
Well I weighed in today and I lost 2.6 pounds! So far im 5 weeks into my journey and have lost 16.2 pounds total!!! I set my first goal for a 30 pound lost so I am more than half way there!

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-16-2010 - 12:18pm

You're doing great!

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-12-2010 - 2:43pm

Sorry I am so slow in replying to you! I have my 6 week weigh in today. I have totally changed my way of thinking and my lifestyle. I no longer look at this as a diet its a lifestyle change. I figure my past lifestyle got me to where I am today so I needed to change my lifestyle to get healthy. I have changed the way I grocery shop. I stick to the outside isles as much as possible. I am only using whole grains and I use low fat products as often as possible. I am very particular and careful with my portion sizes. I make sure I get in plenty of fruits and veggies. If I happen to use canned veggies I always rinse them off good before using them to get rid of some of the extra sodium. I use my george foreman grill for pretty much everything chicken, fish, or meat wise. I weigh everything! I cut out all soda and sweet tea 6 weeks ago today. I also now walk everyday rain or shine 1 mile. I take our dog Jada with me and DH usually always goes to which is very nice! If its raining I simply walk at my local mall after work 3 trips around is a mile. I also use lean cuts of meat and I have learned to really like salmon and brown rice. I also journal everything that goes into my mouth! Even with mothers day this past weekend I was still able to stick to my lifestyle. I had 4 bites of cake I couldn't resist but after that I gave it to my DH. I had grilled chicken breast that was skinless and nice salad and asparagus. Im lucky my folks made that special for me they are trying so hard to do anything they can to help me become healthier!

Good Luck I know you can do this!

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-11-2010 - 1:50pm
That is great!!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-10-2010 - 12:16pm
Thats awesome! I am in my second week now for a new beginning! I have lost umm 0! But seeing that you have lost that much gives me hope! If you dont mind me asking what have you been doing? I have a few things im doing that has worked before but I just want to start really seeing results. because thats always been my problem. I dont see enough weight come off and I get down and give up! Its so good to see someone succeed! Hopefully I can to!