Introduction! Hello!

iVillage Member
Introduction! Hello!
Sat, 05-08-2010 - 12:25am

I just Had a wake up call! I am 24, a mother, wife, and I am obese! I have struggled with my weight all of my life. My family has a long history of overweight and health problems associated with being overweight! I realized its time for a change when I noticed that my view of myself (which is very unhappy at the moment) was coming between me and my husband! So I came here to this board to get some support and hopefully give support as well. It is so hard to go through this alone! I have tried to get friends and family to join me on my journey but their wake up call hasnt arrived yet! So here I am!

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-08-2010 - 1:39pm

Welcome to the board. Right now it seems a little slow. I have been a member of it for about 5 weeks and im hoping that it gets busier! I have found that it is nice being in a group with people who have been where i am and are going thru the same thing. They understand my struggles and how hard it is to make and stick to a healthier lifestyle!

good luck!!!

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-08-2010 - 2:09pm
Thanks so much! It is hard to try make a change and lose weight alone. thats why I decided to come here. Its easier knowing that there are people who are going through the same things, it makes me feel not so alone