What is wrong with me

iVillage Member
What is wrong with me
Wed, 05-12-2010 - 5:54pm
Hello my name is Desiree. I have struggled with my weight my whole life. I lost 150 pounds got preggo got to 280 had baby lost 40 and am now back at 280(daughter is now 4). It seems like i can not keep weight off and then i give up. It just feels to hard but i am so unhappy with myself. I guess im looking for some1 to talk to and maybe b an online workout buddy
3yr old siggy
3yr old siggy
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-12-2010 - 7:15pm
It's a great group, I am here daily checking in and posting, what kind of program are you looking to do.

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-12-2010 - 7:18pm
Rightnow Im just trying to watch my carbs. I do all different types of exercising from running to dancing. Im lloking into trying a zumba class. Thanks for the reply and i will keep checking in
3yr old siggy
3yr old siggy
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-12-2010 - 7:57pm

Hello and welcome to the board! Im on here several times a week checking in. Ive been on this journey 6 weeks today! There isn't anything wrong with you maybe you just need extra support or someplace to vent. The board is a little slow right now im hoping it picks up! Ive heard good things about zumba but im not in a place to try it myself yet. Im not doing anything in particular just watching portions, journaling my foods, and staying away from soda and sweet tea! I also only buy whole grains and shop the outter portion of the store as much as possible. The only excercise I get is from my daily walks. Ive worked up to a mile now everyday rain or shine:).

Good Luck on your journey!

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-13-2010 - 10:01am

nothing is wrong with you :)

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-16-2010 - 12:50pm

Hi Desiree and welcome to our board.

Like the other ladies said, there is nothing "wrong" with you.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-17-2010 - 11:38am
Thanks Liz I only drink diet soda and I drink lots and lots of water. Fast food is one of my issues so i am trying to stay away from it. I didnt eat any fast food this weekend
3yr old siggy
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-17-2010 - 10:44pm

Fast food can be an addiction in and of itself.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-17-2010 - 11:06pm
Hello my name is Sherrie. I am 5 foot 4 inches tall and 280 pounds about a month ago I hit rock bottom and weighed 294 I freaked out. I have managed to lose 14 pounds but have a long way to go. I am currently using a bodybugg I just got last friday it's pretty high tech but it tracks your calories burned by wearing an arm band and you download it onto a online program that you purchase. I bought the program and bodybugg both on ebay. The online program can be used without the armband. to track calories in and you manually enter activity. I weighed 283 friday and am at 280 this morning. I think it helps me track and keep myself accountable. This is a good site to come to to vent or to get support. keep coming back and you will see the time you put in here is worth it.

How your body looks on the outside reflects what you are doing to the insides. How long do you want to live? What do you want your body to say about you? Do you want to be seen as weak or strong? How far below your potential are you functioning? What are you letting hold you back? KNOW YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE AT ANYTIME!