Summer Role Call

iVillage Member
Summer Role Call
Sun, 05-16-2010 - 2:22pm

Hi ladies!

We haven't done a role call for a long time (my bad!!)

I see a lot of new "faces" here.

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-18-2010 - 1:08pm

I can not take credit for those sayings. They are from none other than Jillian Micheals. I listen to her podcast show very inspiring! You can download them onto an MP3 player if you don't have an ipod (I don't) anyway go to

http://kfiam640.com/common/podcast/

click on jillians pic and each one is a copy of this radio show and theres over 30 to choose from! They are all old shows like a year or two old but it's still jillian and still good advice. I listen to them when I walk motivates me to keep going!

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-19-2010 - 3:50pm

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-28-2010 - 10:17am

Hi!

I will re-introduce myself for the new "faces". I'm Tracie, SAHM Mum to 3 kids. At my all-time highest weight, I was 227 lbs. I went down as low as 201 lbs. Don't know why, but I started playing mind games with myself and the weight started creeping back up. I am currently 207.7 lbs. Right now, I'm really not trying to lose weight. I am going to take the focus off the scale and the food. Return to sanity. I always find it easier to lose weight in the fall. So, right now I'm going to focus on being sane about what I eat. Not GAIN weight. And with that, then in the fall I'll start losing again, but starting off at 207. NOT 227!

I'll be lurking around the board, but I don't necessarily want to be posting lots if I'm not losing...

SJ, if you happen to read this, you are missed.

Hugs and encouragement to all you fine ladies.

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-13-2010 - 4:39pm

Just wanted to bring this thread back out to the first page so that the new ladies that have arrived in the past couple of weeks can introduce themselves and also get to know a little bit about those of us who made our introductions earlier.

I know things are a little quiet on the boards these days - I think that's pretty typical for the summer months when people are busy with kids' activities, family vacations, yard work or just out enjoying the summer more.

Feel free to share as much (or as little) as you want in your intros!

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-13-2010 - 10:28pm

Tracie,

Saw this tonight

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-15-2010 - 12:07pm

I'm Colleen.

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-16-2010 - 6:10am

well, okay. i am surely a contradiction in terms and this is by my own design. Most likely at a later date, my contradictions will shine through! LOL ...

my mother, god bless her, wanted to name me Rainbow Gelly(jelly), but somehow she was talked out of it. Instead out of defiance to her family she named me American Blue Poppy Sunshine (last name) - which is as equally Freaky. As the years have changed and acceptance is more tolerable I have shortened it to AmericanPoppy. So, here I am.

I don't know if I get to be a part of this group or not, because I no longer have 100 or more pounds to go, but a few several years ago - if I'd known about this place, I woul'dve fit right in. I started my journey in 2005 weighing in at 288 pounds. I have been 5'7 for years and my frame is medium (based on the wrist measurement). Today i weigh: 191 lbs.

My long term goal is to weigh about 144pounds. I have lived a long life, although I am only 44yrs old - but i've been through a Great deal more than necessary, i can assure you. I am a mother to two grown children and a grandmother also to two little boys. I do not work at this time, I have contemplated Medical Assistant School. But right now my goal remains to LOSE Weight and get Healthy enough that my Self Esteem rises to the occasion and saves me from my own destructive self.

I recently joined a community gym and have started some land and water aerobic classes. I am trying out those Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds videos and my new boyfriend has been getting me to ride one of his bicycles. He rides as much as possible. This is his passion! I live near Charlotte, NC and all I am really doing is counting Calories.

Hugs, Poppy

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-16-2010 - 10:17pm

Americanpoppy

On this board, we welcome anyone who feels that this is where they belong - I too had lost a lot of my weight before I found the board, but inside, I am still that 'fat girl' and I feel at home here talking about my food stuggles.

Glad to have you with us.

SJ

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-19-2010 - 5:02pm

Hi Poppy,

Yes, as SJ replied, you are welcome here any time!

Pages