Summer Role Call

iVillage Member
Summer Role Call
Sun, 05-16-2010 - 2:22pm

Hi ladies!

We haven't done a role call for a long time (my bad!!)

I see a lot of new "faces" here.

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-16-2010 - 9:56pm

My name is Sherries I am 5 foot 4 inches tall and 280 pounds. I am single, but I have a disabled boyfriend currently he has been in a wheelchair for 3 years. After surgery in this past January we hope he can walk again someday. It's hard for him to heal. I have been with him for almost 18 years and I'm 35 so I have been his caretaker for 12 of those years. He has been on dialysis for 14 months and got a kidney and pancreas transplant 7 years ago May 28th. We have dealt with allot of stress.

Currently I am unemployed and frustrated the company I worked for laid 97 people off last year and since laying us off they have hired temps to do our jobs and the company received a 3,000 per employee bonus for creating 50 new jobs. I am very upset over this. Makes me feel like I am not worth anything. Very hard to deal with.

Anyway, on to happier things I recently started taking care of myself again. I have lost 5 pounds so far since April nth. I bought a bodybugg and follow a plan on there for calories in calories out. I like their diet plan because you can choose the foods you want to eat and then they make a plan instantly that balances out your protein carbs and fats. So I started this Friday and I am working toward my ultimate goal of 135 I'd be happy at 140 to 150. Right at this moment I'd be happy at 200. Sad but true. We can do this together.

How your body looks on the outside reflects what you are doing to the insides. How long do you want to live? What do you want your body to say about you? Do you want to be seen as weak or strong? How far below your potential are you functioning? What are you letting hold you back? KNOW YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE AT ANYTIME!

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-16-2010 - 11:46pm

Hi..

Sara  

342-300-200

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-17-2010 - 10:45am

Hello I am 31 years old and been married for 11 and a half years. We have no children (

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-17-2010 - 8:13pm
Hi all my name is Tanya I am 33 years old, married to a wonderful man for the last 13 yrs and have two great kids.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-17-2010 - 10:51pm

Thanks for sharing that with us.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-17-2010 - 11:19pm

I know what your saying about wanting to get back to the weight when you thought you were fat. It seems when I was 17 I weighed 170 dieted down to 145 by the time I was 18. I was disgnosed with hypothyroidism after gaining to 225 pounds in 3 weeks I dieted and gave up I wasn't losing anything I gained instead by 21 I was 250 I stayed around 250 until about 2 years ago another episode with my thyroid gained and lost the same 20 pounds and then last summer I was back to 250 and wham gained 30 pounds in 2 weeks. Went to doctor and thyroid level was 9 something suppose to be below 4 I was stressed lost my job to mexico and unemployed , my poodle child was 15 and died on the day we were burying my good friend Shirley. Wasn't a good time at all for me. I came here and vented and cried and got the support I need to continue on this journey.

Today I am 35 and a full time student earning my bachelors degree in Business Administration. I am taking things one day at a time and doing the best that I can. We can do this we are both here so we can support one another.

How your body looks on the outside reflects what you are doing to the insides. How long do you want to live? What do you want your body to say about you? Do you want to be seen as weak or strong? How far below your potential are you functioning? What are you letting hold you back? KNOW YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE AT ANYTIME!

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-17-2010 - 11:31pm
Congrats on the 20 pounds and for not having soda for 6 weeks. Good for you! I am currently doing the no preservatives whole foods diet my self. Every thing I buy is low in salt and sugar. My father became diabetic last year and I figure if he can't have it neither can I! He was in the hospital with a blood sugar over 500 when we discovered he was diabetic. A year later he has managed to be medication free for high blood pressure and diabetic meds. I am very proud of him. He used to eat all the bad stuff and drink sugar pops all the time. Hasn't had a single pop since. I personally have sleep apnea and hypothyroidism I have managed to dodge the bullet with high blood pressure and diabetes so far. My I am on borrowed time. My family history on my dads side out of 11 aunts and uncles all of them have high blood pressure and all of them but my dad has had at least one heart attack,

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-17-2010 - 11:37pm
Congrats! I am so glad to hear a motivated person I am glad you have made so many changes in your health. Were here if you need us to vent off of or when your having a bad day. Finding a combination that gets you motivated in the right direction seems to be the key!

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-18-2010 - 5:32am
Thanks, it's great to have a place to go when you just can't seem to get out of your own way.

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-18-2010 - 11:28am
Liz my name is actually Ang :). I just wasnt sure how much of myself to throw out at first and I was really nervous! LOL!!! Thanks for the reply

Pages