Past time to get back on track!

iVillage Member
Past time to get back on track!
Sat, 05-22-2010 - 5:01am

Well, I was here several months ago and had decided to lose weight, and then days slipped by and I slipped right back into my old habits. :( I had lost weight before I got pregnant with my last baby (3 years old now), I had lost 50 lbs.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-24-2010 - 1:00am
WOW! What a story to tell. I am sorry about your health issues. I hope that you find strengh in these message boards to keep going I am at 280 today. I am trying

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-24-2010 - 8:56pm

Welcome to the board Ann! Your story sounds so much like mine! My wake up call was a dr's appointment April 1, 2010. I was having chest pains, insomnia, severely high blood pressure, panick attacks, and I have a slow thyroid. I weighed in that day at 330.4 and last Wednesday 5/19/2010 I weighed in at 305! This isnt easy and sometimes you can try in the past and fail. Thats what I did to. This time Im almost 8 weeks in and im still as determined as I was the day I started! My DH and I have no children and we have been married 11 1/2 years. We contribute that to my weight as we have had several m/c.

I know you can do this and although the board is slow we will all be here to support you! I have a personal email that you can look up on facebook if you'd like as I have many weightloss friends there also. My email is jadashelbie@yahoo.com.

I hope you continue to post as often as you want and need!!!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-24-2010 - 10:28pm

Ann - I started out my weight loss journey because of health issues as well. I was exhausted and depressed and I went to the doctors and was diagnosed as hypothyroid which tends to make it a little harder to lose weight so that depressed me even more! I've been on medication for 9 months now and I definitely feel better but it started me thinking that I have to do something about my health and it's not about looking nice anymore, it's about how I feel. I've been taking small little baby steps since last fall and they are finally starting to pay off. The momentum is growing and now I'm exercising and eating healthy most of the time. I've only lost 20 pounds but I feel incredible! It makes me want to keep going! I definitely hit bumps in the road...today for example...I was feeling tired and down today so I had my husband go out and order pizza and bring home some soda. I still have that emotional eating hurdle that I can't seem to get over, but I will keep on trying. Tomorrow is a new day! I hope that we can help support each other through the struggles.

Abbie

ReallyRosieAaronPhotobucketSmileyJacob

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-29-2010 - 3:41pm

Hi Ann and welcome back!

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-01-2010 - 2:00am

iamfallingapart,

Thanks for your reply. You are right, there has to be a point where we decide to

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-01-2010 - 2:03am

jadashelbie,

Thanks so much for your reply. It is really amazing how much our stories are similar. I know I contacted you by email, but I wanted to thank you on the board too. :-)

ANN

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-01-2010 - 2:13am

Hi Abbie,

Thanks so much for your encouragement. I totally agree with you when you say it isn't about looks anymore, for me it is now strictly health. Weight loss I feel is essential to my own longevity. However, gaining a little confidence and knowing I am not being thought of negatively due to my weight will be nice too. It is true that even 20 lbs makes a huge difference. In a way it may not seem like much, but when you think of

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-01-2010 - 2:20am

Thanks Liz! You

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-01-2010 - 8:09am
yeah no one said it would be easy and if they did they'd be liers~~ well staying on track is difficult! we all made it through another holiday! Let's get back on track with normal life! Well as normal as being unemployed and a full time student at 35! We can do it!

How your body looks on the outside reflects what you are doing to the insides. How long do you want to live? What do you want your body to say about you? Do you want to be seen as weak or strong? How far below your potential are you functioning? What are you letting hold you back? KNOW YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE AT ANYTIME!