New Here

iVillage Member
New Here
Sat, 05-29-2010 - 6:24am

Hi. My name is Shannon and I am 26. I have roughly 100lbs to lose and I am not going to lie I am scared to death about it. I have been married for almost 2 years and I have a 1 year old (honeymoon surprise). I wish I could say that I gained a lot of weight while pregnant but I acutally had lost 22 lbs due to gallbladder issues. Now here I am a year after my sons birth at my heaviest.

I have always been on the heavy side even as a kid. My mom was always a yo-yo dieter and my husband has gained a lot of weight since we moved in together. I just want to get healthy for myself and my son. I wanna be able to chase him and not get tired. I want to see him grow up. I also want to have more children.

So I am hoping that with a little help I'll be able to reach my goal. Thank so much.

Shannon

iVillage Member
In reply to: claytons_momma
Sat, 05-29-2010 - 9:24am
Welcome Shannon, I hope you find the support and friendship here that you need to stay motivated.

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-29-2010 - 3:46pm

Hi Shannon and welcome to our board!

What a wonderful opportunity to get your health (and your hubby's) on track at the same time that you start training your little one good eating habits.

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-29-2010 - 11:12pm
Thank you for the warm welcome. You're right I have to wanna lose it for me, and I do I just find my son just a motivating factor. I can't believe how much you wanna try to change for the better once you have kids. Once again thanks for the warm welcome.
new siggyA href="http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wprm06X/">
iVillage Member
Sat, 05-29-2010 - 11:14pm
Thanks for the warm welcome.
You are right about trying to lose weight and junk food. I think one of my biggest hurdles is going to be the weekly dinner at the in-laws. It's alway pizza or kfc, or chinese food. I am going to have to find a way to get out of that. That I swear that I am addicted to McDonalds. If there was AA for McDonald's lovers I would be the first in line.
Can't wait to get to know everyone a little more.
new siggyA href="http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wprm06X/">
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-30-2010 - 11:13am

Regarding dinner with the in-laws, can you just be really frank with them and say "I really need to do this for me and for my family.

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-02-2010 - 3:07am

Thank you so much for the suggestion. We aren't able to opt out since it means a lot to them to see DS once a week. But DH and I sat down with them and had a chat about my health issues ( I just found out I have an enlarged heart), and before I could even finish they were talking about how dinners need to be healthier.

Sunday they made a really nice, good healthy meal. It was awesome. Thank you so much for suggesting talking to them. :) I didn't want to seem like a whiner but they were really responsive.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-11-2010 - 10:09pm

I really believe that if YOU are serious, the people who care about you will take this seriously.