What an awful weekend I had!!!

iVillage Member
What an awful weekend I had!!!
Tue, 06-08-2010 - 6:26pm

I had an awful weekend. I got into a fight with DH on Saturday and ate pizza twice that day..then Sunday came and I went to a birthday party and decided to splurge. I stuffed myself to uncomfortable with chips. Then Monday came and I was beyond depressed and today I woke up with Vertigo and ended up going to the doctors. I have gained 5 pounds in the past 5 days so that tells you something right there.

So I'm feeling better now and the vertigo has gone away. I'm determined to get back on track starting tomorrow. I'm doing a 6-week running program. It slowly trains you to go from walking to jogging a 5K in 6 weeks. I'm excited about it and the other day I was actually able to jog for 10 minutes in a row. I have a problem with tight shins though so I'm struggling through that. I'm also determined to get back on my nutritarian lifestyle. It makes me feel so much better. I have a few mini goals that I'm working towards. I'd like to get under 215 for a surprise 30th birthday I'm going to in 2 weeks. I have 8 pounds to go for that goal. I'm also planning on climbing a small mountain with my son in 3 weeks. I'm super excited about that because it's just going to be the 2 of us. It will be good bonding time. I've climbed this mountain 3 times before in my life at all levels of fitness so I know it's going to be hard but I know I can do it.

I've definitely been finding my small goals are the key to keeping me on track. I need them...if I don't have them, I get lost. And I don't always succeed with them either, but at least they motivate me to keep going. I set new ones for myself each month and I put them in my planner and read them daily.

Well, thanks for listening.
Abbie

ReallyRosieAaronPhotobucketSmileyJacob

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-08-2010 - 7:36pm
Sorry you had such a awful weekend, but it sounds like you have a plan for getting back on track and that is what counts good for you. I have been training for a 5k for awhile now and mine is in three weeks, but I am not jogging the whole thing, I still feel great though and I bet you will too.

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-10-2010 - 3:03pm

So sorry you had such a bad weekend! I sure hope this weekend is better for you! I am glad your feeling better now. I've never had an issue with vertigo so I can't even imagine! It sounds like your on the right track to getting back on the wagon so to speak. Sometimes life happens and thats beyond our control!

I can't wait to hear how your training for the 5K is coming along!!!!

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-13-2010 - 1:46pm

We all have our bad times with food!