Hi there! I'm another newbie.

iVillage Member
Hi there! I'm another newbie.
Wed, 06-09-2010 - 5:05pm

Hi everyone! Hope you are all having a great Wednesday! I'm Vicki, a 40 year old SAHM and wife. My son and I have begun a healthier way of eating (hate the word DIET) since school let out here on June 2nd. So far so good. I had lost a little weight prior to that just by cutting out the fast food for a few weeks. We were eating out about 3 times a week- EEK!

I need to lose around 130 lbs. and my son (18 yrs old) needs to lose 50-55. Tomorrow we're going to tour a local fitness club to see if we might want to get memberships. I hate to admit it but I'd rather walk ten miles on a treadmill in an air conditioned gym than walk one mile out in the Summer heat, LOL! I am a big baby when it comes to hot weather.

I look forward to getting to know everyone. Have a wonderful afternoon!

Vicki

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-09-2010 - 5:27pm

Hi there!

Just wanted to welcome you to the board! I'm Tracie, a 40 yr old SAHM (sound familiar? lol). My kids are younger though, DS is 9, DS is 4, and DD is 3.

Kudos to you and your DS for making weightloss a commitment! BTW, I can totally relate to hating the heat :) Me too!

Gotta run! Hope to see you here lots!

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-10-2010 - 8:49am

Welcome...I'm a 31 year old SAHM (although I work part time) and I've committed to losing weight as well. I want to be a better example for my 3 kids (all boys, 11, 6, and 2).

I hope you come here often and join in! Sometimes the board is slow, but I think it's a very accepting place for those of us with more than 20 pounds to lose!

I have a gym membership to the YMCA and I really love taking the classes. THey push me more than I would push myself. I'm thinking of canceling my membership for the summer though just because they no longer offer free childcare for the summer and that makes it a heck of a lot harder for me to go. I'm going to see if I can go to my local track and do my workouts...or maybe find some hiking routes around here.

Anyway - good luck!
Abbie

ReallyRosieAaronPhotobucketSmileyJacob

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-10-2010 - 2:57pm

Hello and wecome to the board! I am 31 and have been married 11 1/2 years with no children. I do have a furbaby Jada who is a 3yr old boxer :). I to hate the word diet and its because I have tried diets in the past and have failed misserably. This time DH and I have my a lifestyle change and we are almost 3 months in and as of today I have lost 36 pounds. I still eat a little of what I crave I just find healthier ways to make it!

Good luck you can do this!

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-13-2010 - 1:42pm

Hi Vicki and welcome to our board.

Sounds like you've already made some great choices!

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-17-2010 - 7:36pm

Thanks for the wonderful welcome. I'm sorry that I seemed to disappear but my computer went kaput the day after I posted and it has taken me this long to find an affordable replacement.

I promise to be around often from here on out. Hope everyone has a had a great day!

Vicki

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 06-19-2010 - 5:10pm

Hi Vicki!

I know how that goes!