Desperate and need support PLEASE

iVillage Member
Desperate and need support PLEASE
Sat, 06-12-2010 - 4:37pm

HI Everyone...I am a WFH mom, divorced with 2 children.

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-13-2010 - 4:26am

Hi! My name is Shannon, I'm 26 and wanting to lose 100lbs. I don't really have any advice for you since I am in the same book.

How old are your kids? Is there something that you all could do together to help motivate you? That is the one thing that helps me. I take my son to the park everyday rain or shine. If it rains we might not play at the park but it's gotten me into a walking habit.

I can understand the food thing. I am the person who watches the biggest loser while eating McDonalds, and feels bad the whole time. The one thing that has sorta worked for me is that my husband cuts up fruit and veggies every morning and puts them out on the counter. If I see them I'll snack on them. If they are in the fridge, I won't.

Sorry I don't have better advice. But welcome, and hopefully we will be watching the pounds melt off soon. :)

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-13-2010 - 9:35am

Hi Shannon - thanks for the reply.

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-13-2010 - 2:54pm

Hi and welcome to our board.

Trust me, you are not alone in your struggles.

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-13-2010 - 4:58pm

Thanks Liz - It helps to know that I am not the only one with the self talk issues - wondered why I did that and figured I was the only one!

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-13-2010 - 7:16pm

Hello and welcome to the board. Sorry it took so long for me to reply I've had a busy last few days.

I do the self talk thing alot! Infact I was vetoed about going to the buffet lastnight with my hubby and brother in law and his wife. Hubby tried to side with me but in the end my bro in law was driving. I ended up eating way more than I shoulda right down to carrot cake and lemon bars for desert. I had ice tea to drink as I just don't care for soda anymore. I certainly had eaten more before but I ate so much I actually felt sick afterward! I started to beat myself up over it then I realized Im not on a diet im on a lifestyle change. Being mad at myself didn't make the fact that I gorged myself go away. I just let it be and told myself tomorrow is another day. I didn't get overweight in 24 hours and this hard work is gonna last a lifetime. I do still feel a little icky today and I blame my gourging yesterday.

The exercise I think your just gonna have to set aside the time. Make the time! You are worth a walk or a trip to the park. I noticed you said you work from home. What if you dedicated your lunch hour to a trip to the park to walk or play with the kids or what have you. I know you said you don't like to do the whole public pool thing and I don't either but what about checking and seeing when their slower times are and going then? Both the kids would enjoy themselves and you'd get something out of it also! You deserve to be at that pool as much as the next person. Im lucky I have a pond so I just take a swim.

Good luck we are all here for you!!!

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-13-2010 - 10:16pm

Hi and welcome to the board.

I find it very helpful to set each month small, non-weight based goals - like 'I will drink 8 glasses of water a day', 'I will walk for 20 minutes four times a week', 'I will eat breakfast every day'.

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-14-2010 - 9:03pm

thank you all so much - this is going to help - I look forward to coming in reading and sharing tips to get this done!

Well tonight I really did just that - I put my sneakers on and my son immediately began with the questions, where, why, can I go... I simply said no, this is Mommy's time and I will be back to play with you and off I went.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-18-2010 - 8:41pm

Ok - One week of perfect eating, walking every night, drinking only water - and the results - I gained 2 lbs!

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-19-2010 - 3:32pm

Okay, so you didn't get the results you wanted on the scale.

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-19-2010 - 5:26pm

I just posted this a few minutes ago to someone else, I think Poppy.