posting again with a 16 pound gain

iVillage Member
posting again with a 16 pound gain
Mon, 07-05-2010 - 3:11pm

I can't say that I am surprised. I knew if I quit what I was doing and went back to the lifestyle I had led before that I would gain back some weight. Everything went down hill on Fathers Day...Dad wanted to go to a new buffet in a nearby town and so thats what the whole family did. I dont blame him or anyone else as I am the one that ate all those different things. I could have chosen to eat only from the salad bar that they did have their but I chose to skip the salad all together and just go for everything else from fried chicken and mashed taters to lemon bars! From then on my grocery list changed from lean meats and fish and poultry and fruits and veggies and whole grains to ice cream and gravy and white bread and processed food. Yesterday was the end of it all after I gorged on everything and anything unhealthy at the july fourth bbq. There wasn't any sign of fruit or a veggie! I thought to myself is this worth it? Does this kind of food make you have more fun or is it sitting with friends and chatting and playing corn hole and cards and hillbilly golf! LOL!!! I realized it was the friendships not the food that made me enjoy yesterday!!! Today I weighed myself and gained 16 pounds since fathers day! I promptly threw out all the junk and had watermellon for breakfast and am shopping after I go for a walk in the local mall in their AC! My life is worth more than a greasy cheeseburger! :)

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-10-2010 - 3:44pm

What you said about "no one knows but me and the delivery guy..."

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-09-2010 - 3:19pm
Liz thanks for the reply! I guess we are alike in this journey. Do I have healthy food sure I do. Do I eat it when I see DH eating a peanut butter moonpie? NOpe....I head for the box! My cravings for pizza is like your cravings for fettucinie alfredo! I'll order in pizza a couple times a week sometimes over the last several weeks. I tell myself well no one knows but me and delivery guy.

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-05-2010 - 4:42pm

Well, I'm glad you came back and hope you did great on your shopping.

Like I've said, I've been having a hard time with food lately too.