What has worked & what has not...

iVillage Member
What has worked & what has not...
Sun, 07-11-2010 - 12:37pm

A quick summary of my history for the new-comers to this board:

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-07-2010 - 12:19pm

Yeah Liz I love my garden, but it is a lot of work! But I can't complain because usually it doesn't do well because of the lack of tending to probably. My freezer is full which is a good thing (no room for ice cream) and an amazing this happened in June or July, I have lived here for 17 years at the same location. Two years ago we had very high straight line winds come threw 2 months after I finished building my new house. my house was perfect no damage but 8 feet behind my house was a strip 50 feet wide and well over 600 feet long strip of trees that were destroyed and i'm talking big oaks and walnut trees pulled them right out of the ground. I remember the storm well because it felt like a train was coming threw the back of the house the walls were shaking I thought for sure it was a tornado but they said it was just 100 mile an hour straight line winds. Well to get back to my June / July blessing I noticed a lot of wild raspberry plants out back in the same place the trees were! So I have tons of frozen fresh raspberries and so does my family! Biggest patch I'd ever seen since I was a child. Provided by God! Our needs are met and he does provide the things I need. This year we have tons of spaghetti squash which I never planted before. I kept seeds from one I got at a farmers market last fall! And a word of warning they are like cucumber plants if you disturb them they will die! And they are HUGE plants leaves about 16 inches across. We have tons of tomatoes the acid free tiny pear ones, green beans, and we planted them a second time we only got 46 quarters froze now! Maybe I'll turn into a bean? cucumbers and onions and green peppers all doing well this year!

So no complaints I'm doing great food wise! Maybe not the foods I crave like ice cream and pop but the foods I need God is providing! So my thoughts are even a thing that looks bad in the begining can help us grow stronger when we make it to the other end! Take care!

How your body looks on the outside reflects what you are doing to the insides. How long do you want to live? What do you want your body to say about you? Do you want to be seen as weak or strong? How far below your potential are you functioning? What are you letting hold you back? KNOW YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE AT ANYTIME!

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-07-2010 - 9:45am

Hi Sherrie!

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-05-2010 - 10:22pm
On making the next step toward your goal! Keep with it. I am sorry I haven't been on here and so supportive lately, I am a fulltime college student and getting my butt kicked! I haven't been in school for 17 years and to go back is a killer! All the things that have become new and improved over the last 17 years I am expected to know! Well I would have taken notes if I had known! hahaha Anyway I am holding steady at around 280 pounds and bouncing to 279 on good days

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-31-2010 - 1:46pm

Aw, Tracie - thanks for your kind words!

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-29-2010 - 2:02pm

Liz, I typed out a long message to you and then my power flickered before I could finish completely. Grrr! So I will keep this short(er). I want to thank you SO MUCH for your post! Thank you for sharing your story.

I too have been struggling to get back on track. Every week I weigh in and it's a lb up, 1/2 lb down, 2 lbs up, a couple of oz down... So last Sunday I weighed in at 212.8! I've been mad at myself. Eating my frustration. Eating my anger at ME! Some days I feel upset at me because my shorts are tight and I take out my kids jar of Nutella and a spoon and I watch The View...

I've been looking for a reason to forgive myself and get up and start cleaning up my house and my life. And you've given me permission to do that! By sharing your story, I know I'm not alone. THANK YOU SO MUCH! Believe me, I'm wishing you luck. I'm pulling for you! I know you can do this! 210 by Labour Day! Yay!!!

Thank you, Liz. Thank you! Big hugs to you!

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-25-2010 - 1:41am

Yes, SJ - what IS it about the night time hours?

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-21-2010 - 10:18pm

Hi Liz,

Oh yes, the eternal mystery - How come when we know what works, we do something else? Good for you for reminding yourself of what you know.

It is surprising to me how many people don't know what a 'serving' is or around the number of calories in different foods, or how much you have to move to burn x number of calories.

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-18-2010 - 11:29am

Ok - so in the past week