Newbie saying hello!

iVillage Member
Newbie saying hello!
Wed, 08-04-2010 - 10:07pm

Hello everyone! Misty here and I've recently started a journey to lose the baby fat of my teens that turned into the morbid obesity of adulthood. I weighed 325 when I first started a month and a half ago. As of my last weigh-in I am 318.4. Not a large loss considering the amount of time but it *is* a loss. The weight has been fluctuating up and down up until the last several weeks where it's been a constant loss. I'm still trying to kick my old eating habits to the curb and it's been a rough road. I did join a gym and I go several times a week... sometimes with my hubby, sometimes a friend, sometimes alone. I'm having a little trouble working stretches into my workout (both warmup and cooldown) so if anyone knows any sites that have a list of stretches (preferably including example pictures) I'd be grateful.

So that's my general introduction. This is my first day wandering this board so I'll be reading some earlier posts before heading to the gym tonight. I look forward to getting to know everyone!

~Misty

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-06-2010 - 12:16am

Misty,

Welcome to the board!

Does your gym have a Pilates class?

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-06-2010 - 1:21am

Hi SJ,

I have a membership at Planet Fitness because that's what the budget allows and they really only have the bare minimum - cardio equipment, strength training machines, a bodybuilding section and a fenced-in circuit training area. No classes, no daycare center, no pool. We have DirecTV which doesn't have the OnDemand channels that digital cable does unfortunately. My BL dvd has a few stretches at the beginning of each workout so I might try those. I hadn't thought of that before you mentioned it. Thanks for replying!

Misty

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-06-2010 - 11:10pm

Misty,

If you don't have Exercise TV, you can check out their website

www.exercisetv.tv

Some of the videos are free - and they rotate those so you don't get bored!

SJ

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-07-2010 - 12:33am

Good deal! Thanks for the input. =)

Misty

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-07-2010 - 10:58am

Hi Misty, and welcome to our board!

I read your other post about your kidney stone and how you started this journey.