Newbie here

iVillage Member
Newbie here
Mon, 08-09-2010 - 10:08pm

Hello all!

I'm new here. My name's Marlena. I am starting on my journey to lose 100 lbs. God, that is soooooooo daunting to think about. I have to remind myself that it's small steps and small goals. Otherwise I'll get too intimidated and quit.

I want to lose the weight for my daughter. I want to be here for a long time. I don't want to miss out on Ali's life.

Anyhoo--I've always been overweight. I was born overweight. LOL For a period of time in college I went through a no-eating period and lost a ton of weight. I miss those days. And, actually, b/c I had gestational diabetes, I followed a strict diet when I was pregnant and ended up losing weight and being 10 lbs below my prepregnancy weight 2 weeks after I had Ali. So I CAN do. I can eat well. And I've already proven that I can eat a healthy diet and that, over time, I stop craving sugar so badly. The problem for me right now is that I"m in the middle of a long run of eating horribly and want to basically start an IV of sugar. SIGH

I've had a HORRIBLE year. We had a fire and lost everything, husband and dad both seriously sick, both DH and I lost our jobs, etc. I've TOTALLY been eating just out of emotions. Things are finally, sort of, starting to calm down. At least I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. I want to get back on track.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. Currently I weight 249. My first goal is 10% of my weight so 24 lbs. I look forward to getting to know everyone!

~Marlena

MarlenaAli616.jpg Ali picture by gal_marlena

MarlenaAli616.jpg Ali picture by gal_marlena

iVillage Member
In reply to: gal_marlena
Sun, 08-15-2010 - 9:03pm

;o) @ SJ!

"I'm in year 7 of my 3 year plan..."

I love your sense of humor and your dedication!

Glad you're back here - I really missed you!

Liz

"Never run faster than your gaurdian angel can fly!"

"Never run faster than your guardian angel can fly!"

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-11-2010 - 11:14am

Marlena welcome to the board! It sounds like you have had a super rough way to go over the last year I hope that things now are getting back to some sort of normal for you and your family. 100 pounds does seem daunting and but when you break it into small goals it really doesn't seem so bad. I like that you already started with a mini goal so to speak! You have come to the right place for support we all understand in one way or another what your going thru!

Good Luck

330.4/295 current

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-11-2010 - 10:57am

Marlena,

Welcome to the board!

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-10-2010 - 10:07pm

Hi Marlena, and WELCOME!

Wow!