Checking in

iVillage Member
Checking in
Tue, 08-17-2010 - 3:09am

Sorry I've been MIA for a bit. The starter on my car went out so that threw me into a pretty good tailspin mentally. I got stuck in a rut for a bit there. No exercise, bad eating and the weigh in showed both when I got on it. Right back up to 319.8. That barrier seemed to be my curse. I spent the next couple of days beating myself up and not caring if I gained weight back. I'm sure that was also compounded by a few extra issues on my car since I trusted my husband and a friend to change out the starter for me.

I finally got back into the groove on Friday and immediately started to worry about the damage I'd done for the first half of the week. I got my diet back on track and got back in the gym Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This morning, miracle of miracles, the damage control did the trick. I'm down to 317.4 for a loss of 2.4 lbs this past week. I'm still reaching for that goal of being 299 by August 31st, not too confident I can make it though with only two weeks to go. We'll just have to see how it plays out.

I'm going to wander the posts I've missed now but how was everyone's weekend? =)

Misty

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-21-2010 - 7:05pm

Hi Misty,

Don't kick yourself too much!

"Never run faster than your guardian angel can fly!"

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-17-2010 - 2:30pm

Glad to have ya back on the journey to a healthier you! I had my starter go out once well twice depending on how you look at it. I took it to the shop they put a new one in and 2 days later I was back cuz my car wouldn't start. The starter they put in had a bad cell I think they called it and replaced it free of charge and I was on the road again! LOL!!! Try not to beat yourself up over gaining weight back. I know its hard but life happens to all of us and we all just have to find a better way to deal with the stress that comes up. I personnally use to turn to butter pecan ice cream now I crochet to my little hearts content or take a walk with my dog. Im glad your back and didnt beat yourself up to long!

Cant wait for your next update!

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-17-2010 - 12:58pm
Congrats of getting back on the bandwagon again, I am sorry you had a tough week.