What do you think??

iVillage Member
What do you think??
Tue, 08-17-2010 - 1:09pm
I have been training for 5k's for months and about to do my second one which I am excited / nervous about..I run walk 3 days a week and bike/swim or do aerobics 3 days a week and have sunday's off..today I was reading my WW mag. that came in the mail and it had a 35 mile bike training schedule in it. it is an 8 week schedule.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-17-2010 - 2:25pm
Hello savansmom.....As a person that loves to ride her bike my first thought was oh heck ya go for it! Train for it!!! Then I finished reading your post and saw you were already training for a 5k. I wonder if you shouldn't ask your doctor if you would run a higher risk for injury if you were going after both even if the end goal isn't entering a bike race. I'd hate for you to have to give up running even if its only to heal god forbid you injure something! I don't want you to overdo things but I want you to shoot for the stars and try new things if they sound appealing!

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-17-2010 - 5:54pm

I love biking too, as a child/ young adult that was how I got around and it makes me feel free and young to go out biking.

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-19-2010 - 9:24pm

Tanya

Everything I know about working out says that you MUST give your body one rest day a week.