????

iVillage Member
????
Sat, 09-04-2010 - 2:51pm
Does it mean it's not working if I am not sore...I have been doing this bender ball system for a few weeks now..maybe the first few days I was sore but now I am doing all three segments and I can feel it while I am working and there are spots I still can't do all the reps of but I am not sore..I am doing it everyday..am I wasting my time. I carry me weight around my middle so I feel like I need to focus on it

Tanya

iVillage Member
In reply to: savansmom
Tue, 09-07-2010 - 1:41pm
I wonder if your body

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-06-2010 - 8:46pm

Tanya,

I'm not totallysure what a benderball is - Is it one of those giant balls that you use for crunches for abs?

I am almost never sore after doing abs - sometimes a little after a tough Pilates class, and sometimes if I do a standing ab video, but crunches don't make me sore.

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-04-2010 - 10:00pm

I'd never heard of the Bender Ball until this post so I googled it to have as accurate of an opinion as I can for you. When your body stops hurting after workouts, it means your body is getting used to the movement of the exercises you are doing. In strength training, if you aren't sore, you aren't building muscle so this is a bad thing. However, with cardio-like exercises and machines, it's not as bad but it all depends. You say you aren't sore like you used to be. Are you still feeling ANY slight soreness at all, tightness of the muscles worked, etc? If it's literally nothing, that doesn't mean it's not working. It just means it's not as effective.

What other workouts/exercises (if any) are you doing? One of the things almost every trainer will tell you is DON'T get into a routine with your workouts. If the Bender Ball is all you're doing, while any and all movement does help, it won't be as effective as it would be if you changed it up and went for a walk or a swim instead. Also, in what little bit I saw about it, it looks more to me like something to tone up the core more of in a maintenance way. For me, that's something I might use once or twice a week. But I suppose that also depends on what you have access to. I have a gym membership but I've only gone once in the last 2 weeks so I'm in no position to judge.

What I will say is just because it doesn't hurt, doesn't mean that it's not working. You probably won't burn as many calories as you once did because your muscles aren't working as hard now that they're adjusted to it, but that doesn't mean the workout isn't worth it.

Hope this helped a bit,

~Misty

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-04-2010 - 8:37pm

I am no exercise guru, so I don't have a solid answer for you.

However, I would say that if you are working out and burning calories, it is never a waste of time.