A little horn tootin'

iVillage Member
A little horn tootin'
Thu, 07-24-2003 - 10:49am
I'm usually not a boaster OR a bragger, but I am pretty proud of myself after yesterday.

Before I left work and headed to the gym, I had a million different reasons why I should not go work out. I was tired… it was rainy… I'd go tomorrow… I don't have my comfortable socks. I even convinced myself that if I skipped my workout, I'd go home and make a good dinner and then go out and buy a scale. But, I ignored all of that and went to an aerobics class at the gym and felt so much better because I did.

To quote Porky Pig, that's not all, folks…

When I did get home, BF had forgotten that he was supposed to make dinner. As a remedy, he proposed getting a hamburger or ordering a pizza. It took everything in me to tell him “no”. He kept throwing fast food options out there, but I kept shooting them down. I think sometimes he forgets what I am trying to do here. We ended up with low-fat grilled cheese on wheat bread sandwiches – and boy, were they good.

OK, that's it. Thanks for providing me with a place to toot my own horn.

-Steph

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-24-2003 - 11:32am
TOOT AWAY, that's GREAT. I know how hard it is somedays to FORCE yourself to that workout! AND double toot for staying on track with your dinner!
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-24-2003 - 2:51pm
Good for You! You've got every reason to brag. You stuck to your guns and every one of us here knows that's very hard to do sometimes. It's all these little victories that add up to success in the end.

Hugs,

Kay