My hook ;-)

iVillage Member
My hook ;-)
Tue, 06-10-2008 - 8:59pm

Oooooooookay, I don't know if you all are familiar with Christian Chick Lit - but I think I've found my hook - and it's so obvious now that I think about it b/c this is my favorite part of the story - the flirting through scripture - the male character hits on her with a quote from Song of Songs in the very beginning - a quote she can't place - and she's known for her knowledge of quotable quotes -

At this point I don't really know how to word it yet - but here are my scratchy ideas -

My use of scripture - that's the hook. I don't know how to word it yet - but in my story, scripture is not mention just when she attends church, or as something she meditates on - the characters bring the words right out of the bible and use them in their lives in a very 21st century way - to flirt with each other, to compete with their knowledge, in their careers - it's a conversational tactic...

Scripture takes on a life of its own as it’s used as conversational tactic, flirtations and is no longer used as words to meditate on or preach by but to further careers, flirt, push relationship to action and as a conversational tactic. Scripture is put to use in a twenty first century fashion...

MadsenFallSiggy3.png picture by jenniemadsen1

iVillage Member
In reply to: jenniemadsen
Wed, 06-11-2008 - 6:44am
If it helps, the hook should be something that if you say it, the meaning is instantly obvious.

------

Writing Blog |