4th Annual J-WAT Writing Challenge

iVillage Member
4th Annual J-WAT Writing Challenge
Tue, 06-24-2008 - 8:24pm

By now, you’ve probably heard about it … but WHAT IS J-WAT???

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-25-2008 - 6:04pm

Thanks for posting our invitation to J-WAT, Eleyne!

Think my constitution can withstand two months of frenetic writing with just three months "rest" between them? In honor of your fourth year of the Write-A-Thon, think I'll try. (Don't expect to see your "Participant" siggie - it's GREAT, BTW - on my posts until I'm sure I can survive the month with more than 300 words. LOL!)

With luck, I'll be breaking in a new laptop before the end of J-WAT. Before the beginning might work better, eh?

I'll be lurking over at WEB for the next few days to make sure I understand how you "play" J-WAT.

JudyB

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-26-2008 - 8:55am

You're ALWAYS welcome to lurk or play at the WEB, Judy. And the 'rules' for J-WAT are simple. We follow YOUR mantra ... puke it out and fix it later. The idea is to write and NOT edit as you go. Word count goals are YOUR choice, although 50K is what I've always worked toward. (Not that it's always happened. Life sometimes happens. LOL.)

Congrats on the new laptop. Will it come with better hook-ups, too?

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-26-2008 - 7:07pm

Thanks for the premature congratulations on the new laptop, Eleyne. Red is the color of deficit spending and that's what I'll be doing if I buy one.

JudyB

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-28-2008 - 2:03pm

I'm positive these days, Judy. You NEED an up-dated computer. All of the rest of the dinosaurs are dead. LOL.

My Vista computer is still accepting Office XP. It has to THINK about it for a minute, but everything has been working so far. Now, going form Office Vista to lower lever programs requires a bit of know-how. Nothing that can't be done, just need to know. (I won't confuse you before the fact.)

Hats are welcome at the WEB, Judy. Hope to see you, and I hope you're able to participate, too.