I'm sad to see this board so lonely

iVillage Member
I'm sad to see this board so lonely
Tue, 07-08-2008 - 11:55pm

Okay, I'm guilty. I am historically horrible about posting on the boards, so it has been FOREVER since I've visited the hallowed halls of The Writing Life. And I have to admit that I am SHOCKED that our beloved board has more tumbleweed blowing through it than new posts. What's going on? Where's everybody gone?

Well, I can only hope that if you're not here it is because you are too busy writing. Maybe JWAT has everybody frantically writing?

~Tori

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail Better." ~ Samue

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-09-2008 - 12:29pm

I completely agree!

I NEVER post on this board (except the occasional post to confirm that I really am out here in lurkerdom) but I've been saddened by the lack of recent activity on the board. I have always found this a very helpful place to hang out to gather anything from inspiration to practical advice. Now that I'm actually making headway with my own writing, I'm finding this an even more appealing place to spend some online time, but it's starting to feel as though I'm kicking cans in a ghost town.

Can you guys come out and play? Let's minimize our Word documents once in a while and talk!

Ada

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-09-2008 - 12:38pm

LOL I've tried - I posted some stuff but didn't get too many replies - it's hard to get it going talking to myself or just one or two others.

So, lurkers... POST! lol

jennie310308.gif picture by abismom04

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

MadsenFallSiggy3.png picture by jenniemadsen1

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-09-2008 - 7:03pm

I've noticed that the regulars seem to be on holiday. I've popped in a few times lately but I have retreated to lurkerdom unintentionally. It's just been a very busy summer and maybe it has been that way for the others (?). I'm glad that it is not just me that has noticed. Judy B., are you still around here somewhere? Or has your computer finally gone kaput?

Tarra

mommy to

Noah (10/13/05)

and

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-09-2008 - 8:14pm

I have been lurking as well. I am really busy with my kids both playing rep soccer so my 120 dry erase board calendar is awash with colours (red for Melanie, green for Katelyn, blue for me, black for the dates).

I haven't been doing as much writing as I would like. I think I am being a bit of a procrastinator lately and need to give myself a kick in the butt. I think I get too many writing newsletters in my email inbox. It seems to take all day to get through my emails.

I pop in here every day to see what's going on but I haven't been able to make it to chat.

Pat

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-10-2008 - 4:14am
I lurk during the day, but I cannot come online much at night, because DH is going to college and he needs the computer at night for his schoolwork. So that means no chatting for me at night. But I myself rarely post here either. I find that I'm mostly a lurker here.
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-10-2008 - 6:19pm

I'm a ba-a-ad mommy! Please forgive me.

I started booting up my computer around 7 this morning. It took five tries and then the puppy froze up on me. Another three tries and it was finally up. Took care of some housekeeping before trying to log onto the Internet, though. Computer housekeeping, that is. The dishes had to wait. The defrag kept conking out so I restarted (with my fingers crossed) and the Internet. That was another three tries and some pretty fancy dancing to get the third attempt to work. Been online since about 1 this afternoon, afraid to log off and just as scared the screen will freeze again. To say my connection is slow is the understatement of understatements.

Today was almost a good day.

Good thing the computer's in the kitchen 'cause I'm making dinner now. I plan to stay at The Writing Life until the computer dies again - or until I do (or at least fall asleep at the keyboard).

I'm sure many gentle writers here are working on J-WAT. I've been trying myself but think if I'm to make any progress, it will be in longhand.

That just gave me an idea. Let's see if we can find out where everyone is.

JudyB

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-10-2008 - 6:50pm
Well, Judy, you know your computer is the stuff of legend around here ;) Glad that you got online. Good luck locating our *lost* members. It would be great to see everyone posting again.

~Tori

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail Better." ~ Samue

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-11-2008 - 9:13am

I'm here. Sort of. I am TRYING to participate IN J-WAT and I am doing the idea-chase ... here chickie, chickie, chickie. They move faster than I do.

Unf. boards can be a bit of a distraction for me too. (See, I SHOULD be writing right now. LOL.)

Good to see you again, Boomz. :-)