Who's Doing J-WAT?

iVillage Member
Who's Doing J-WAT?
Fri, 07-11-2008 - 11:34am

Tori was ready to cut us some slack if we were participating in J-WAT this year. So - are you?

If you are, how's it going? Are you happy with your progress? Have you found new and unique things to keep you off the keyboard?

Let us know what's making you write.

JudyB

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-11-2008 - 1:07pm

I am not doing J-WAT - I am was working on my column and now I am going to get into the computer - the thousands of edits I've done to my first 100 pages - as I am giving it to my editor next Sunday!!!

I do NANO though - like a fiend.

jennie310308.gif picture by abismom04

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

MadsenFallSiggy3.png picture by jenniemadsen1

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-11-2008 - 1:49pm

With that list replying to Tori's post, it's

JudyB

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-11-2008 - 1:53pm

in November I write for about 3 hours EVERY night - My goal this November is actually closer to 90K than 50K - it was 75K this past year and I did 89K. I do about 3K every night.

it's not my kids that get neglected - it's my husband! He acts like his life/marriage is falling apart by about Nov 12th!!!

He is on his own for dinner and all evening activities and he is to leave me alone! lol

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-11-2008 - 11:10pm

I'm trying to do J-WAT. I;m not doing quite as well as I expected, but I'm not concerned. I got a lot of good work done today, and now to run with it.

And yes, My feet are swollen and they hurt. Very distracting.

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-12-2008 - 1:03pm

You're a writing dynamo, Jennie! Don't blame you for only volunteering for that pace once a year. Bet your DH appreciates it, too.

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-12-2008 - 1:21pm

Maybe you shouldn't run with anything if your feet are swollen and hurting, Eleyne.

My word count isn't near where I wanted it to be, but any little bit gets us closer to the end. A good sprint at the keyboard helps keep up our spirits, doesn't it?

What's with the feet? I woke up this morning with a swollen, aching right foot. Are we hanging our legs in front of our computers too long? Did something bite us? (That's what mine feels like.) Maybe the writing bug?

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-12-2008 - 1:40pm

Yep! I could only do it once a year. I hope to involve more people in the county this year - surely more than just the 3 I found last year (we still get together!) Are doing it!!!

And just doing NANO with my 90K goal gives me one full book written EACH year, so that's pretty decent!

jennie310308.gif picture by abismom04

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-12-2008 - 1:42pm

lol Judy you crack me up.

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-12-2008 - 1:43pm

If the writing bug actually caused my feet to swell, I'd try to come up with a reason to run from it. But eventually, I'd need to let it catch me. LOL.

Sitting and other health issues make for swollen feet. The heat and humidity make them worse, and hurt. The laptop is usable with my feet up in the reclier, but when they're throbbing, there's little I can do to feel better.

This too will pass. I hope YOUR problems went down over night.

Hugs,

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-12-2008 - 8:40pm
I'm doing J-WAT. I was way behind when I woke up this morning... between the pain med causing side effects & getting taken off, then the root canal, then the darvocet for the root canal... lol... plenty of excuses. I just did a word count though and I'm a few hundred past what I need to be "on track" to the goal of 50K. I'm still writing, just not as focused, and I'm planning on wandering in to chat... as my partner is "super tired from a long day at work" and I can't seem to talk him away from his Terry Pratchet novel.

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a 11yr old hydrogen molecule.

Follow me to these boards:

Pages