Writer's Quote of the Day

iVillage Member
Writer's Quote of the Day
Fri, 07-25-2008 - 4:44pm

I write for the same reason I breathe - because if I didn't, I would die.

- Isaac Asimov

JudyB

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-25-2008 - 10:59pm

Judy, I collect quotes as I add one to every email reminder to my writing group. I look forward to any inspirational and writing quotes I can get. I even lift them from The Writers Journal magazine articles.

Pat

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-26-2008 - 12:05am

Judy, that is a great quote! I think we should all share the good ones as we come across them ;)

~Tori

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail Better." ~ Samue

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-26-2008 - 7:38pm
I lift quotes from wherever I find them, Pat. This particular one was stolen once before, if memory serves. This time it was swiped from The Writer's I Ching by our former writing coach, Jessica Page Morrell. (Almost called her "our old writing coach!" She's far from old - even if sometimes she doesn't feel that way.) Jessica loves quotes as much as we do. She'll be a goldmine for quote posts!

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-26-2008 - 7:45pm

I concur!

Bring on the quotes, gentle writers!

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-27-2008 - 12:14am

Judy, I get Jessica's newsletter so I see her monthly quotes. :)

Pat

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-27-2008 - 3:53pm
You'll know when I lift a quote from Jessica. ;-)

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-29-2008 - 7:28pm

my own quote;

"i secretly stash and save love letters of my own personal relationships of the past from the guys that break my heart, so when I am feeling poohpish (blue/sad/whatever), I refer back to my past mistakes and realize how fortunate I am for still being single."

If you watch the movie Elizabeth (Cate Blanchett version), there's a part in the movie when she realizes the man she fell in love with was already married to one of her maids and cuts off her hair. The transformation part when she realizes her down fall in a relationship she sits down with him across one side of the dinning room table, and says... "I will keep you close, to remind myself how close I was to danger" Since then she's proclaimed herself as a Virgin Queen of Europe and no man has since slept in her bed, sharing her mattress..... It's like the same way as that old saying, "...keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer" or something like that...... As a part of my DvD collection, I've learned how cold women can get once they're scorned from a relationship with a man. Very powerful conflict in a plot of a story in a movie...

random iVillager,

-eReader_K007

random iVillager, eReader_k007 "Life's a triOp. Tie your shoelAces"