Motivation time!:Top 50 reasons to WRITE

iVillage Member
Motivation time!:Top 50 reasons to WRITE
Thu, 07-31-2008 - 11:31pm

Clearly, we are all good, really good at making excuses for not writing. So, why do we still want to write? We've listed the 50 excuses -- now let's get motivated and list the Top 50 reasons we write! And if you're not writing, then list the reasons that you should.

Reason #1:

I should be writing toward finishing my novel-length wips because I'll never know how good or (how bad) of a writer I am if I don't let myself write!

~Tori

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail Better." ~ Samue

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-01-2008 - 12:36pm

Reason #2 - I should finish my novel WIPs so I can find out how they end! If I already know the ending, I should finish them to see how we got there.

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-01-2008 - 1:05pm

Reason #3 - There's always a deadline even when you don't have a deadline.

I wrote two whole pages on one of my cookbooks yesterday. Big deal. At that rate, my frugal cookbook

JudyB

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-02-2008 - 12:11am
#4: Because there are alot of really bad books out there and surely I could do better.
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-02-2008 - 10:44am
Without a doubt my friend ;)

~Tori

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail Better." ~ Samue

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-02-2008 - 10:52am

Reason #5:

I should be writing, because

~Tori

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-02-2008 - 7:25pm

The perfect antithesis to your excuse #50, Sharon!

The more we write, the closer we will be to those authors in your excuse and the farther from those in your reason. (Did that make any sense?)

I love symmetry!

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-02-2008 - 8:39pm

I, on the other hand, Tori, love to shop. It's more than a necessity. It's more than an avocation. It's getting pretty close to business. Friends have told me I should hire a bus and do shopping tours. LOL!

Since my car is in worse shape than my Dinosaur Dell, I've been going through shopping withdrawal. If it weren't for the problems with the Dinosaur Dell, I'd be spending less time fighting my way around the Internet and more time in my Word files writing.

With luck, I'll be doing some MAJOR shopping tomorrow and things might get better. Writing would be much easier if the shift key didn't refuse to work and the cursor stopped going on tour. We'll see. Maybe tomorrow. . . .

Happy back to school shopping! Don't forget to pick up some extra pens and notebooks for your purse - and bedroom and bathroom.

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-04-2008 - 1:46pm

Reason #6 - The Dinosaur Dell seems to be working rather well today. Think I'll take advantage of it and try to put another notch on the hard drive by finishing another chapter in Chef Garrison - and maybe even a few more paragraphs in the other cookbook.

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-06-2008 - 1:06pm

Reason #7 - Had a great idea for a magazine article a few minutes ago! Since I'm half way to the minimum goal for my grandson's cookbook, think I'll take a few minutes to write enough of a draft for the article that I won't forget the idea.ood

Heehee! We know me. I'll probably write a first draft of the whole thing.

Then I'll make my A, B, and C lists of markets and start getting queries out!

Publication is a good reason to write. Sometimes a great idea is a better one!

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-07-2008 - 12:24am
Reason #8:

Pages