August 14

iVillage Member
August 14
Thu, 08-14-2008 - 1:23pm

Some dates are important to us on a personal level. Have you ever checked to see which celebrities share your birthday? Do you notice the important news or anniversaries of the day? How 'bout what happened on your anniversary? The day you got your first computer (if you remember when that was)?

Well, August 14 was pretty important to most of the world in 1945. That's the day my parents were married - at City Hall in Chicago - both in uniform. They walked out of the building, hand in hand, to a ticker-tape parade and strangers hugging and kissing in the

JudyB

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_judy_bee
Thu, 08-14-2008 - 6:01pm

Yes, I've always been interested in what occurred on certain dates in history. I was born on February 4 and some of the people who share my birthday are Charles Lindbergh, Alice Cooper, Kitaro, Betty Friedan, Rosa Parks, George Romero, Clint Black and Oscar de la Hoya. Let's see.....for important events we have George Washington being elected president by the electorial college and then being reelected. France abolished slavery in 1794. The Yalta Conference began and the USO was formed. Patty Hearst was kidnapped in 1974. Oh, and February 4 is World Cancer Day and Independence Day in Sri Lanka.

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_judy_bee
Thu, 08-14-2008 - 6:07pm
Looks as if your birthday's a pretty important day, too!

JudyB

JudyB