Special Chat 9/11

iVillage Member
Special Chat 9/11
Wed, 09-10-2008 - 3:07pm

We didn't even realize the date when we chose Thursday as the day for our first special chat of September. Thursday happened to be the best night for everyone in the chat room.

This is a writers' chat but we discuss other things almost every time we meet. Family, pets, and adoption will almost certainly be mentioned. Considering the date, a bit of politics may not be surprising. If politics comes up, I'll probably end up bleeding from biting my tongue. This CL does not wear lipstick.

BTW, this chat will start at 9 P.M. ET like all the rest.

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-11-2008 - 8:02am
lol Judy, no lipstick... me either, with all the chemicals and what-have-you in it. I'll hopefully be there. I tried doing yoga yesterday and found myself achy. I have my first book out on lulu now *yay!!* and now I'm editing the second one... hoping to have it done in a few months. I've already deleted a few hundred words :D; hopefully I'll get it closer to the first book in size, rather than twice the size as it is now

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a 11yr old hydrogen molecule.

Follow me to these boards:

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-11-2008 - 12:55pm

My last reply focused on Finian. This one is all about you.

Congrats on your lulu.com book! How does it look? I'm sure everyone is curious about your experience.

Yoga sounds like a good choice for getting back into exercise. Sorry it made you ache. Could have been worse. Can you imagine power walking with hand weights right about now? OUCH!!!

Really hope to see you tonight! Feel better so you can make it. 'K?

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-11-2008 - 2:47pm
hehe, I'll have to get to the reply on Finn :D
I'm really pleased. The book looks very nice. No back-of-book blurb because I didn't figure out how to do that, but it's not like my book is likely to wind up in a store for people to look at the back of the book :D There's a 11 or so page sample that can be looked at on Lulu. I was a little taken aback on the price ($20.30) because of the retail mark up, but felt better when I looked at books around our apartment. I've already sold some ebooks; I'm excited for the first paperback sale. I sent out an email through my yahoo group for publishing announcements; I need to update my author's blogs, probably later, although right now, Finn's watching show about the WTC... allowing me on the computer now.
Yeah, I thought that yoga was good and gentle. I just need to take it a little more slowly. I can barely stand to do my morning walks and carry a water bottle... no wrist weights for me yet :D
I didn't read to Finn last night, but I'm already achy (just took extra-strength pain reliever) and it's largely his fault (cutting him some watermelon, helping pick up garbage because he didn't get the bag into the dumpster all the way). If he redeems himself, maybe he'll get a video for bed lmao

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a 11yr old hydrogen molecule.

Follow me to these boards: