Hi all, newbie from Maine

iVillage Member
Hi all, newbie from Maine
Mon, 09-22-2008 - 2:18pm
I had stumbled across this board a few years ago and decided it was time to stumble back.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-22-2008 - 5:03pm

Welcome! This is a great, supportive place.

I lived in Chicago when I was very little; now I'm outside of NYC, but have family just north of Portland, ME.

I publish under a half a dozen names in fiction and non-fiction -- if you want to be a full-time writer badly enough, you can do it. I'm proof of that pudding!

Ink in My Coffee: http://devonellington.wordpress.com Hex Breaker: http://hexbreaker.devonellingtonwork.com www.fearlessink.com www.devonellingtonwork.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-22-2008 - 8:12pm

OK, Candy, you get "Welcome" all night! (I welcomed you on your other post, too.)

I'm from Chicago, too! I'm sitting in Long Island at the moment looking forward to being home in Florida in two weeks.

Don't know when I'll ever get back to Maine. Went there before I was two - my father used to bring the family on his hunting trips and call it vacation. The trip wasn't nearly as long as planned, though, since we were forced out by a huge forest fire.

I'm visiting my daughter and her family. We've spent hours in the last three days reminiscing about sitting together at the kitchen table writing. She was three when we started that. I was older. ;-) Your girls are old enough to start that tradition - but only if they want to.

Great to have you aboard, Candy!

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-22-2008 - 8:39pm
It's actually Cindy. ;) No worries, the list of names I've been called is a long one, lol. Thank you both for the warm welcome. My last visit to Chicago was Christmas of 2006. It's usually monopolized by family visits. I'd love nothing more than to spend several days downtown at the museums. It's funny you mention passing on the traditions. My oldest asked me for a journal this weekend as they're starting a club at school. And so it begins. Lol. If her writing is anything as interesting as her drawings, I'm in for a real treat. I'm the parent that's constantly explaining her artwork to the teacher. I look forward to getting to know you all better and finally pursuing a dream of mine. I used to think that if my writing could touch just one person, it was all worth it. Now I'd like to reach a few more.

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-23-2008 - 10:45am

Sorry, Cindy. Think it might have been my grandson's fingerprints all over the screen? In truth, I think I need new glasses. ;-)

Explaining your daughter's drawings to the teacher? Heehee! I used to have to explain my essays - in high school! Somehow I seemed to choose obscure topics that were never understood past fifth grade. (My fifth grade teacher had an eclectic background and must have been a genius. LOL!)

Two writers in the family will touch the lives of thousands (at least) even if it's just by osmosis. Share your passions.

JudyB

JudyB