How to save my writing on my pc.

iVillage Member
How to save my writing on my pc.
Fri, 10-10-2008 - 10:14am

I love to write, I often have more than one idea and I need a way to organize them.

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-10-2008 - 5:15pm

As long as you have a word processing program like Word or Word Perfect, you can save and edits files on your computer.

------

Writing Blog |

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-10-2008 - 5:56pm

Welcome to The Writing Life, Vickie!

Don't know how much help I can be on the technical side. Just got a new laptop in August and haven't figured out all the tricks yet. Windows 98 and Office 2000 were so simple! It's like learning all over again with Vista and Office 2007.

This is the first time I've had a CD/DVD burner and I haven't used it yet. I seem to remember discarding some information when it didn't pertain to me that your medium determines if you can change the information contained on the disk. Don't use that as expert information, though. If I don't know what I'm talking about, you could always burn your work to CD and use the ones you can't change as coasters or making room divider curtains out of them - like the ideas for using those AOL CDs we all used to get in the mail. ;-)

I always kept my writing on my hard drive - even when it was a dinky 80 gig. Now that I've got 250 gig to play with, I can work on a billion page novel or maybe two or three. On second thought, maybe I won't. Can you imagine editing that? There's always the back up, though. I'll be using my flash drive once I fish through space to find the driver for it. Then I'll just add to what's on my hard drive (and edit when I can't resist the urge) and resave the changes to the flash drive.

If any of that made any sense, it may be an option (or more) for you. I'm sure more computer savvy writers on this board have better ideas and can express them like the pros they are. ;-)

JudyB

JudyB