It is done...

iVillage Member
It is done...
Fri, 10-10-2008 - 1:24pm
I finished the first draft of my serial novel last night. 8 years it took me to get this point. Of course, there's all sorts of editing, rewriting etc before I'm truly done with this project, but I feel kinda empty now. I guess it's time to get to work on the spin-off novel :D

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a 11yr old hydrogen molecule.

Follow me to these boards:

iVillage Member
In reply to: finian
Fri, 10-10-2008 - 4:14pm

Congratulations, Joelle, on getting this far! Eight years isn't all that long considering all the work you've put into your project so far. I know it seems like almost forever. (I spent eight years on five rewrites of Drizzle and it took less than two months to burn up the computer it was on and lose all my back up copies.)

Don't know if I'm right or not but I always think that if you still enjoy your work after reading and rewriting and re-reading and re-rewriting for so long, readers should love it. They might even be tempted to read it more than once.

Please keep us posted on your future edits. And don't forget to fill us in on everything on your trip to publication!

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
In reply to: finian
Sun, 10-12-2008 - 9:23pm
thanks, Judy. If this was just one novel, not all the pieces that equal up to more than one standard novel in length, I might feel bad. But then I can always think about all the things life's thrown at me that, in addition to the size of this project, had added to the length of its writing; I certainly wasn't writing erotica while my marriage was failing :D
right now, I'm debating what to do about the second book. My beta reader has weeks 13 through 16 (that being the climax of the whole project) to read and comment on. She got through 12 last night with a few sticking points that we argued about, instead of me being in writing chat lol. hehe in both situations, me adding a few sentences fixed her issues :D but I need her to read that second book again; I changed one major subplot, in addition to removing almost 60 pages of material.

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a 11yr old hydrogen molecule.

Follow me to these boards: