Does anyone have a writing schedule?

iVillage Member
Does anyone have a writing schedule?
Sun, 10-12-2008 - 10:01am

I was just wondering if anyone have a writing schedule? I try to write whenever I have some free time. I do love to write in the morning with a Huge cup of coffee! My favorite two places to write in the house is my sitting room and my Deck ( weather permitting) I would love to hear from everyone! Keep on writing!!!!!

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-12-2008 - 10:19am
I try to do at least an hour a day (usually works out into two).

------

Writing Blog |

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-12-2008 - 11:40am

I used to have a writing schedule. The key words there are "used to." Now that absolutely nothing is on a schedule besides the dogs feedings and their walks, I assumed I'd write whenever I wasn't doing anything else. The key word there is, of course, assumed. Y'all know what that means! ;-)

My former schedule had to be revised whenever my work schedule changed. Sometimes that was every week. When a schedule changes that often, it isn't really a schedule. It's more of a series of appointments.

Now that I have nothing to do, I do just that - nothing.

Actually, since I'm working on cookbooks, I do write every time I make up a new recipe. I revise every time I tweak a recipe. So far the only real writing I've done is a couple of tables of contents.

Maybe I'll write some biscuits to go with our ribs tonight.

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-12-2008 - 1:45pm

It's how I make my living, so yeah, I have a schedule.

Morning routine: feed the cats, put on the coffee, do my yoga, do my first 1000 words of the day. Only after the first 1K are done can anything else happen.

After that, I blog, check email, check job boards, and write whatever is on the most pressing deadline.

Meetings, workshops, teaching, interviews, marketing and all of that is fitted in around writing sessions. I tend to write myself out on a project, switch to the next, etc.

If I don't work a show that night, I can either hang out with friends, or, if I'm on deadline or the writing is flowing particularly well that day, I go back and write in the evenings.

The 1K first thing in the morning really sets up my writing day. During Nano, it tends to be 2500 words first thing.

Ink in My Coffee: http://devonellington.wordpress.com Hex Breaker: http://hexbreaker.devonellingtonwork.com www.fearlessink.com www.devonellingtonwork.com