Intro it's been a while

iVillage Member
Intro it's been a while
Tue, 11-18-2008 - 2:46pm

I think I may have posted here a long time ago. I am Stephanie mom to five and an author. I have two books published now, both are getting great reviews, which is very suprising to me. I write paranormal romance and horror. I am working on my third book now and working with a great writer councler who is finding me the right agent (keep your fingers crossed). Anyway wanted to drop in

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-18-2008 - 3:40pm

Welcome back, Stephanie!

Congratulations on your reviews!

You've got me a bit confused when you talk about your third book and working with a "writing councler" hunting for a good agent. You're not paying for this, are you? If you have two published novels, why are you taking this path? (I'm not trying to be contrary, Stephanie. Just concerned about your best interests and seeing your work making you as much money as possible.)

Please keep us posted on what's happening.

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-18-2008 - 4:09pm
Nope not paying her at all :) She is wonderful and has worked in the business for over 20 years. Basically she is helping to direct me to the right agent for me and gives me great advice on my writing. She works for free with quite a few authors. We all keep telling her she should be an agent, but she doesn't want to go that route. She is about ready to put up a site of her own to help authors. I am working with her getting grammar lessons lmao (my grammar is terrible) and also she is helping me with quary letters etc. She also gives advice like not to send to agents during the holidays unless you want to wait longer etc. I hope that makes sense as my thoughts are often jumbled in my overloaded brain.
Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-18-2008 - 4:44pm

You've found an angel, Stephanie!

Best of luck with novel #3!

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-18-2008 - 6:02pm
I was very lucky to find her along my journey :)
Photobucket
Photobucket