WriLiMarCha Final Totals

iVillage Member
WriLiMarCha Final Totals
Wed, 04-01-2009 - 1:12pm

Time to step away from your writing and count up what you accomplished in March!

I'll be adding up all those recipes (even if they won't all be used) and adding them to the chunk of the cookbook that's in one piece. This should be interesting. Don't know how much I wrote but all that cooking and tasting only added two pounds to my chunkiness. ;-)

How did everybody do? We'll be waiting to hear.

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-07-2009 - 2:12pm

Far from 50,000 words, my cookbook has - so far - contains 7,132 words of narrative (don't know quite what else to call it) and 12,756 words of recipes. (Did you hear that drum roll?)

Think there might be somewhere between three and six books strung in there once it's all completed. You see, I didn't count the recipes written before March 1.

Yikes! I didn't count the handwritten recipes in the spiral notebook either!

Looks like I'm coming back for another final total . . . .

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-10-2009 - 1:04pm

Assuming all the hand-written recipes are in the same spiral notebook, the final final total of my cookbook is 29,700 words!

That's more than I thought I wrote!!! The weight gain is now understandable. (The fudge and cupcakes helped a lot.)

I'm still waiting to see if anyone else was keeping track.

Sharon, some of us would consider 300 words a breakthrough. ;-)

Tori, we understand that you can't stop what you're doing to give us a count. Please let us know when you're done.

Did anybody just have one article or story in mind as a goal for WriLiMarCha? Did you finish a first draft? Can you let us know how you did?

I'm feeling all alone here just steps from the kitchen. More fudge!

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-10-2009 - 2:45pm
congrats, Judy... it's still one more word than you had at the beginning of the month :D
I didn't count any of mine. My writing work is all over the place, rewriting some sections of the novels, adding paragraphs, taking some away.

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a 11yr old hydrogen molecule.

Follow me to these boards:

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-12-2009 - 9:00am

Thanks, Joelle!

Actually, it's probably more than 20,000 words than I would have written without the challenge.

You gave yourself quite a hefty project. Getting organized to work on it was a big accomplishment. Getting any of it done was difficult. Getting as far as you have is close to a miracle. Congrats!

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-15-2009 - 8:28pm
thanks :) I just need to get this work done. I know I have at least one reader waiting for the second book. And knowing all that work is out there to be done has been stifling new writing, which is what I'd rather be doing lol

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a

Love and Light, Joelle

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-16-2009 - 11:50am

It's great to know for a fact that your audience is waiting for you to write more. If you're certain there is one reader out there who wants a new book, there are probably more you don't know about just waiting to hear you've got a new one.

That should help you breathe as you restructure. It should also give you motivation and help you through the process.

It's nice to be wanted.

JudyB

JudyB

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-17-2009 - 3:23pm
yeah :D now I just need to kick Finn to play outside awhile so I can do work :D

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a

Love and Light, Joelle